I have heard such good things about using slings with your little ones. Baby wearing is something I am a fan of (even if the term makes me cringe), but we have only ever had a front carrier style option. These are fine when they’re bigger, but not as snug or cosy for when they are smaller, so I was excited to try out a sling from KangaWrap baby wraps.
First of, I was so impressed at how soft it is! The fabric is organic cotton and it is really soft so I know it is comfy for my daughter. It comes in a drawstring case too which is most useful for when you are out and about and need to put it in your bag. There are also some very clear and useful instructions so you can get the hang of how to ‘wrap’. After a few goes though, I had the hang of it and didn’t need the instructions.
Chloe got on well in the wrap and I could tell she enjoyed being in the sling when we were out and about (so much more snug and warm than a pushchair). It was a result when she was in it and I was doing the housework – she would instantly fall asleep whenever I vacuumed with her in it! It feels secure, which I was worried about, but as long as I’ve tied it up tight enough, it is sturdy and holds Chloe perfectly. It has been a massive help recently too as Chlo has been full of cold and rather clingy. I’ve been able to get things done, still have her close and have my hands free.
I think these will be absolutely perfect for newborns ( great for discreet breastfeeding), and beyond! Chloe is 8 months and still fits pretty snuggly inside. Her weight spreads evenly too so it feels much comfier to wear than a carrier type that I have used previously. The wraps can be used right up to toddler age (15kg) if you want to.
They are priced at £44.99 which you might think is a bit pricey, but for price-per-wear I think it is totally reasonable, you would get lots of wear out of it. Plus, all their profits go to maternity care in Delhi slums – bonus.
I love the wrap and am so pleased we now have one – I will be using it often. I completely recommend it and I love that the hubby can use it too :)
See, instant sleepiness, ha!
Now I am offering one of you lovely lot to WIN a fab KangaWrap for yourself!
All you need to do is CLICK on the Rafflecopter link below and complete the mandatory options. Once you have done those there are a few additional entries you can complete.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The giveaway will run from today 19th December 2014 for three weeks, until 9th January 2015.
BlogLovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
*I was gifted a KangaWrap in exchange for an honest review – all thoughts are mine. I have received no compensation for running the giveaway.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The giveaway will run from 6am on 19th December 2014 and run for 3 weeks, ending at 11.59pm on 9th January 2015, GMT.
- The prize is one Organic Cotton KangaWrap.
- Sorry, entry is for UK residents aged 18 or over only.
- Entries can only be completed through the Rafflecopter widget.
- All entries will be checked and verified.
- The winner is chosen at random, through the Rafflecopter widget, using random.org, from all valid entries.
- The winner will be announced on 10th January 2015 and they will be emailed, as well as announced through AAUBlog’s social media pages.
- The winner will have 72 hours to respond with their details, otherwise a new winner will be picked, following the same procedure.
- The item will be sent out once winner’s address details have been sent and the prize will be sent out directly from KangaWrap.
Win competitions at ThePrizeFinder.com – See more at: http://www.theprizefinder.com/content/kangawrap-baby-wrap#sthash.5oWqp7Vd.dpuf