This past year has been, in a word, busy. But lots of fun and lots of new experiences. I went self-hosted this year so in terms of working with brands and earning money, it has really taken off and I have been loving it. I hit over 10k social followers too! I started another part-time role, working from home as a copy writer, and continued my part-time work in retail. Yes, when I said busy, I meant busy! Seriously considering a cleaner as we go ito this next year – something has got to give!
There has been a few health issues this year and crappy days and months, as there is for everyone. Trying not to dwell on those things though.
Max started doing more days at preschool and is just growing and getting smarter by the minute. Chloe has certainly become Miss Independent this year as she started walking and talking. Mr U is in the same role, commuting to London, but getting more and more irreplaceable in his team. Always a good position to be in I think.
We enjoyed a few new travel experiences this year, as well as being able to cross a few things of my bucket list. Here is our year in review:
- We visited Bluestone in Wales for a family getaway
- The husband and I celebrated six years of marriage
- I was chosen to be part of the H&A Bathtime Buddies Fun Squad
- My quadruplet niece and nephews were born
- the quads came home from the hospital – all at the same time!
- I booked my flight to go out and see them
- I was featured in Mother & Baby magazine
- The kids and I took a trip to York to see my parents
- Fulfilled a teenage dream and went to a McBusted concert
- Enjoyed my first Mother’s Day, as a mum of two!
- Chloe turned 1 and we were up visiting family in York so she was able to celebrate with cousins
- My baby sister left to go and live in the US for 18 months, on a service mission for our church
- I turned 28!
- I flew out to Chicago for a week to help my sister out with the little quads and my niece – had such a great time, it was mixed emotions when it was time to leave 🙁
- We had an amazing summer holiday – four nights in Dubai and then a week in Thailand. I fell in love with Asia and can’t wait to go back one day
- I decided it was time to end breastfeeding Chloe. Felt pretty pleased that I was able to get to 15 months with her 🙂
- The kids and I went to the Hampton Court Flower Show and had a cooking demo, and met with, Raymond Blanc
- Mr U turned 30!
- He and I had a week in Rome. Neither of us had ever been before and we had the best time. Italy is beautiful.
- The kids and I spent a week at my parents in Yorkshire
- I died my hair pink! Something that I have always wanted to do
- I crossed something off my bucket list when I completed a triathlon. I did the super sprint event at Hever Castle
- Max started his final year at nursery – officially a preschooler!
- I crossed another thing off my bucket list and did a colour run! This was a 5k, at Hever Castle too.
- The husband and I had a weekend away in the Lake District and had a fab time. The highlight was hiring a boat and taking a trip out on Lake Windemere
- started work as a freelance copywriter
- went to my first blogging conference – another bucket list item!
- we applied for Max’s place at a primary school. Just have to wait until April now to hear anything
- attended Max’s nativity (he was a wiseman) and his first primary presentation at our church
- visited Cadbury World and had a little family trip away in Bourneville
- enjoyed a wonderful family Christmas and was able to skype with all of our family that are over in the US
- Max turned 4!
What are the highlights from your year?