I am pretty obsessed with nut butter. Any kind really, peanut, almond, cashew… Love them all. I really like peanut butter cups but they are laden with sugar and the peanut butter is made with all sorts. If I’m not making my own nut butter then I prefer to use meridian or whole earth nut butters as they literally contain the nuts and that is all.
These nut butter cups are pretty filling, especially with the coconut oil, so bonus – they taste good but you can’t have too many. They are no bake and ridiculously easy to make. They might not look super neat but doesn’t stop the tatste – enjoy!
Nut Butter Cups
- 200 grams at least 72% dark organic chocolate (dairy free is best)
- 12 tbsp organic, nut butter of your choice (I prefer Meridian)
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- First melt the chocolate and the coconut oil, either in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of boiling water (making sure the bowl does not touch the water). Stir occasionally to incorporate the chocolate with the coconut oil.
- Line a flat dish with muffin or cupcake liners (or use without in a silicone muffin tray). With a spoon, scoop in a little melted chocolate to cover the bottom of each liner. Place in the freezer for about 2 minute to slightly set. Add a tablespoon of nut butter to the centre and gently flatten with the back of a spoon. Scoop more melted chocolate to cover the top, about 1-2 tablespoons. Return to the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Move to a fridge to store until ready to eat.