Spanish Persimon, Manchego Cheese and Almond Salad
- A few generous handfuls of mixed salad leaves, watercress works really well
- 2 Spanish persimon
- 100g Manchego cheese
- 2 tbsp toasted almonds
- 80ml white wine or cider vinegar
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2tbsp clear honey
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the salad leaves in a salad bowl.
- Remove the leafy tops from the persimmon, dice, then add to the bowl.
- Thinly slice or shave the Manchego cheese and add to the salad.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and season.
- Combine the dressing with the salad and toss gently. Serve, sprinkled with the toasted almonds.
Cooks Tip – You could also try adding some cured meat like chorizo to make it a non-vegetarian meal.