I think we can safely say that spring is safely here – thank goodness! I certainly have an affinity to springtime, being the season that I was born in. So for me, nothing is better than eating seasonal foods and having a light salad when the sun is shining. It might be a little early for avocado season, but pink grapefruit and pomegranate are at their peak at the moment. So this salad is a perfect choice.
Full of good fats, it is a refreshing, colourful and healthy. It is a wonderful salad that makes the most of the creaminess that avocados have. You can serve it as a main course, or use it as a side dish. it would compliment any seafood or vegetarian dish perfectly.
The best news? It is super easy and quick to make too. My perfect kind of cooking!
Avocado, Pink Grapefruit, Pomegranate and Prawn Salad
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 2 ripe hass avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 2 pink or red grapefruit
- 200g peeled cooked prawns
- 100g pomegranate seeds
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses*
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
What to do:
- Share the rocket between 4 serving plates.
- Peel the grapefruit with a sharp, serrated knife to remove all the pith, then slice into segments. Arrange on the salads. Slice the avocados on top, then share the prawns between the portions. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the top.
- For the dressing, whisk together the pomegranate molasses and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then spoon over the salads.
*Pomegranate molasses is sold at most major supermarkets and delicatessens. It has
a fruity, zesty flavour that works beautifully in salad dressings, though you could use lemon juice in
this recipe, though.
Do you think you’ll give it a go? It really is as simple as it sounds, but will look impressive on a dinner table.