If you’ve ever cooked some Asian food from scratch, rather than getting from a takeaway, then I’m sure you have heard of Blue Dragon. From coconut milk to cooking sauces and noodles, they have a pretty large range of things to help you to create some amazing Asian dishes of your own. But sometimes we can all be a little bit short on time, and having some meals in your freezer ready to go is just what you need. So introducing, the new frozen range of Blue Dragon meals.
We have been trying some out over the past week and have really enjoyed them! In the heat wave that we have been having, not having to cook was amazing! They ready in a microwave in less than ten minutes. So that is an obvious benefit from eating the meals. But not only that, they tasted amazing. I thought they were much tastier than traditional supermarket Asian ready meals. Even the rice in the meals is egg fried and full of herbs for additional taste. Much nicer than just plain white rice.
The flavours that are available are:
- Chicken Chow Mein
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce with Rice
- Sweet Chilli Chicken Noodles
- Sweet & Sour Chicken with Rice
What else did we like about them? I like that the kids liked them. Noodles and rice are always a winner with my children, so all the dishes went down really well with them. I am conscious about what we put in their little bodies, so was pleased to see that the sugar in the meals is quite low and comes from things like the soy sauce in the meal, for example. The portion sizes are more than enough for younger ones, and a good portion for adults.
I think the only thing going forward would be to offer a larger range of meals, including meats other than chicken, as well as some vegetarian options. They were super tasty, though, so the ones that we tried would come with a big recommendation from me. At the moment, they are available to buy from Tesco, priced at £2 each, which I think is a bit of a bargain.
If you are interested in winning a family meal bundle from Blue Dragon, then all you need to do is enter via the Rafflecopter form below.
Good luck – you have until 11.59pm on 16th July to enter.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged (18) and over.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- The winner will be sent four assorted Blue Dragon frozen ready meals.
- The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on 16th July 2017.
- The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
- The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
- The winners name will be available on request.
- Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
- Your email address may be passed on to the promoter for marketing purposes, you may unsubscribe at any time.
- Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- AAUBlog’s decision is final in all matters relating to this giveaway.