My beautiful girl is 8 months old and I can hardly believe it.
Thinking about it, she is majorly teething so maybe I can believe it…
Other than the joys that come with teething, here is what else she has been up to:
- She pulls herself up on things now and if it is something like the sofa she will shuffle along a few slow steps at a time. Seriously gutted about how she has hardly been a baby – always off trying to do something new and be independent.
- Along those lines, she has had a go with Max’s old walker and she has taken a few steps with it. Its pretty heavy though and I think she’s still pretty tiny so we’ll see what Santa brings her for Christmas 😉
- Chloe loves to feed herself. Literally, hates spoons. So I have been almost forced to do baby led weaning with her, as she is leading the way. Her favourite thing at the moment is sweet potato cubed and sprinkled with a dash of cinnamon. Just put it on her high chair tray and feeds herself.
- We have also discovered that she will just suck the Ellas Kitchen type food pouches. Its handy for when we are out and about but not so goof for when her teeth finally appear, I suppose.
- She is super smiley and happy (when not in teething pain). Always got a smile for everyone which is different to how her brother was!
- Unfortunately, she is still pretty hit and miss as to if she sleeps through the night or not. I’ve tried lots of different things and just don’t know what the solution is (again, this is very different from her brother who was and is a pretty good sleeper). I’ll get some sleep when she’s at Uni haha.
- She is a really good napper though. Still has one or two in the morning and one long one in the afternoon. Sometimes I wish she’d just sleep through instead though. Othertimes, naptime is the best ha.
- Chloe loves being chased by her big brother, he crawl after her and it is just the cutest thing. It is lovely when they laugh together.
- She is not fussed by the jumperoo anymore – sad day. I love that thing.
- We’ve had to get the stair gates out of the loft as, you’ve guessed it, she is climbing stairs. Or if not trying to climb them, then trying to launch herself down them from the top.
Our Chloe bean is just a joy and I love being her mama.