I am a big fan of all things nut butter. So when I saw a nut butter that was coconut and peanut in the shop the other day, I just had to try it. It is amazing and the jar has gone already! I thought I would try a variation on my other energy bite recipe and use the amazing coconut and peanut butter spread, to make coconut energy bites!
The recipe is quick, simple and super easy to make. The whole family have been enjoying eating them which is perfect. I like to make up a batch on a sunday evening or so, and then they are in the fridge to just grab when we need a little boost. the maple syrup and orange juice make sure that the are nice and sweet too – all natural, though 😉
I love the boost oats give you, and all that slow release energy. I have been super lazy recently and haven’t been as good in my food prep as I usually am. So I am trying to ‘quit’ sugar, well at least the artificial kind. I have felt the energy difference when I am eating proper foods and not artificially sugar laden products. No energy slumps when you eat the good stuff and not the bad. If you are in a similar situation, then this recipe is great.
Coconut Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup coconut and peanut butter (I use Meridian’s)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a big bowl. Mix well until it is all combined.
- Using clean hands, roll the mixture into a large ball. Divide the mixture several times, until you have enough to make 16 balls.
- Roll each ball into a smooth round shape. Leave in the fridge to set for around an hour.
I’d love to know if you give these a go!