Over half term I was meant to be away in the Caribbean for a few days, so I originally thought having a couple of posts scheduled would be a good idea. And what would be better than a Caribbean inspired dish, using crab and mango? Both of which are found in abundance over there. However hurricane Irma had other ideas, so I’m not actually over in the Caribbean. Sad face. However this recipe is a quick and easy recipe to follow, for a light and tasty lunch or dinner. Mangos can be found easily in stores, and you don’t have to use fresh crabmeat (unless you want to, of course)! Tinned crab meat can work just as well for this, so the ingredients are simple and easy too.
I know that we are well and truly heading into all things Autumnal, but before all of the stews and hearty soups roll in, a tasty salad is a must on occasion, right? This salad takes no time at all. I’d love to hear if you give it a go!
Crab & Mango Salad
For the Dressing:
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- finely grated zest of ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
For the salad:
- 200g white crabmeat
- 200g brown crabmeat
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- 100g bag watercress rocket & spinach salad
- 4 tbsp pomegranate kernels
What To Do:
1. For the dressing, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and garlic together in a jug until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Mix the white and brown crabmeat together in a bowl and pour over three quarters of the dressing. Add the coriander (reserving some for garnish), spring onions and cucumber and mix well together. Very carefully fold the mango through the mixture.
3. Arrange the watercress, rocket and spinach leaves on four serving plates and spoon the crab mixture on top. Sprinkle over the pomegranate and remaining coriander and mint. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve.
*Credit – Food Styling: email@example.com