If you are looking for a little something to give you a little afternoon pick-me-up, then these raw chocolate and coconut truffles are the perfect thing! They are full of natural goodness and really are quite filling, so one or two are just the right amount for a little sugar-free treat. They are raw because they are unprocessed, packing in all the natural goodness that each of the individual ingredients have.
The truffle really are simple to make. All you need is five ingredients and then it just takes some time to set in the fridge. The truffles (or energy balls) can be kept in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to five days. They freeze really well too. So you could freeze a batch and take them out of the freezer around 10 or 15 minutes before you want to eat them.
I have put together a quick little video showing me making them. Juts to show you how easy to make they really are!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup raw coconut oil
What to do:
- In a pan, melt the almond butter, coconut oil, and the maple syrup.
- Take off the heat and then mix in the dry ingredients until smooth.
- Spread the mixture into a tray, until even and smooth.
- Chill in the fridge for about two hours, until firm.
- When firm, use a spoon to scoop out the mixture and roll it into ball shapes.
- You can roll them in desiccated coconut or dust with more cacao powder if you’d like.
Enjoy! I’d love to hear if you give them a go! It is a perfect recipe if you follow a refined sugar-free diet and if you are vegan. Not suitable for those with a nut allergy.