I am a bit of a fair weather outside person. I don’t mind the cold but when it is dark, grey and rainy I try to avoid leaving the house if possible. But since having kids, you find that they don’t really care about the dark, wet or grey! So even in the winter months, they want to get out and about, discovering and exploring.
So I’ve been making a point of getting Chloe out for walks in the woods, a trip to feed the ducks or just something outside, when Max is at school. Chloe loves to be outside and likes to get muddy (which according to my parents, is just like how I was when I was younger). So she thrives when we go outside for walks and exploring.
We have a woodland close by, as well as a duck pond so they are our go-to things. Feeding the ducks (and pesky seagulls) makes her laugh so much. She just chats away to the duckies. But there are plenty of things that you can do with your little ones, even in the winter. Just wrap up warm and get out there!
- Muddy Puddle Jumping – remember to take your wellies
- Tree Rubbings – just remember to take some paper and crayons
- Make a Hedgehog Den – gather up leaves and make a cosy space for them
- Collect Leaves – choose all different sizes and colours
- Pooh Sticks – if you’ve got a river nearby with a bridge then this is a classic game. I remember playing this a lot when I was younger
- Races – choose certain points to run to and from. Decide on different ways to get across like jumping and hopping, as well as running
I like now that Chloe isn’t a little baby, that I don’t need to take too much with me when we’re out and about. So a little backpack for her is all we need (plus she likes wearing one). This LittleLife backpack is just the right size and I love the adorable designs that they come in. It also comes with detachable reigns which is perfect for even littler ones. It is just the right size to puck some snacks in too. No trip out with little ones is complete without some snacks, right? These Super Yummies snacks have been a big hit with my little miss.
^Ladybird Backpack – £21.99
What do your little ones love to do outside?
*thanks to Super Yummies for our adventure pack