Now that we are well into June, we can say that we’re in Summer (even if it doesn’t quite feel like it at the moment). That being said, we know we’ll get some sunshine and we’ll all want to make the most of it. BBQs in the garden and plenty of ice creams and ice lollies if my children have any say about it!
With that in mind, I am sharing some recipes for summer ice cream desserts, using the rather delectable Mövenpick luxury Swiss ice cream range. They have some amazing ice creams and sorbets that are fine by themselves. But can be made more fun when they’re made into something else, especially for any summer parties that you might be having. I have three recipes that I have come up with, so I hope you like them.
Strawberry & Raspberry Sorbet Surprise
- One 500ml tub of Mövenpick’s Raspberry & Strawberry sorbet
- 250ml milk of your choice (I used almond and it worked fine)
- 1 pack of strawberry or vanilla angel delight
- 225g whipped cream or whipped yoghurt
- Fresh berries, to decorate
What To Do:
- Line a loaf tin with cling film, making sure that it covers the sides. Then using the sorbet, that has been left to soften slightly, smooth it into the bottom of the loaf tin. Return to the freezer to firm back up.
- Whisk up the Angel Delight pudding with the milk, and leave to set for a couple of minutes. Once slightly firmed up, fold in the whipped cream or whipped yoghurt. Spread evenly on top of the sorbet layer, and then return to the freezer until set.
- Remove from the freezer about ten minutes before you want to serve it. Turn the loaf tin upside down onto a plate, so the sorbet is the top layer. Remove the cling film and top with fresh berries if desired. Slice to serve.
Mango & Passionfruit Mess
- One tub of Mövenpick’s Mango & Passionfruit Sorbet
- One meringue nest per person
- One passionfruit per person
- Chopped mango (optional)
What To Do:
- I love the simplicity of making a ‘mess’ for dessert. it really makes them perfect for summer. Layer up glasses with some crushed meringue, followed by a layer of mango sorbet. Repeat, adding in some of the fruit if desired.
- Top with passionfruit seeds and serve immediately.
Caramel Pecan Ice Cream Bars
For the Base:
- 125g pecans
- 125g oat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 100ml Monin Caramel Syrup
- 30g coconut oil, melted
For the Topping:
- One tub of Mövenpick’s Caramleita Ice Cream
- Monin Caramel Syrup, to drizzle
What To Do:
- Using a food processor, bend together all of the ingredients for the base. Once smooth and combined, spread in the bottom of a square baking dish, and smooth in place using the back of a spoon. Place in the freezer to set for around 15 minutes.
- With the ice cream softened, scoop it out onto the top of the base, and drizzle with the caramel syrup. Pop back into the freezer until ready to serve. When you’re ready to serve, slice the pie into squares and serve immediately, adding more syrup as desired.
Three simple recipes that are quick and easy for summer (plus taste delicious)! The sorbets and ice creams really are amazing quality!
If you would like to try some of this amazing ice cream, as well as some amazing ice cream concoctions, then Mövenpick will be at Taste of London this week (14th – 18th June). The demonstrations and samples at the Mövenpick stand are free, and you’ll find them on stand S032 at Taste of London in Regent’s Park.
Would love to hear what you think?