They say the kitchen is the heart of the home. It’s where we eat, drink, share, laugh and love and it’s often viewed as the most important room in their house. From cosy dining nooks to pristine cooking spaces, there are plenty of ways to create a stunning kitchen to be proud of, and that you’ll love cooking and eating in. Whether you have a little cottage kitchen, a modern kitchen diner or yours is more traditional, every kitchen deserves it’s own unique accessories to celebrate and display who you and your family are.
But what makes your kitchen personal to you? Perhaps you have a retro fruit bowl or an antique clock. Maybe the space is colourful and fun, or it might be calm and neutral. It just takes a few finishing touches to make your home perfect, but most importantly a place where you can feel completely comfortable and happy. Apart from the fact that accessories are eye friendly and interesting, they have their practical uses. Perhaps a cute Eco Chalk Board like my one here, then the whole family can use it; get the kids involved and coordinate your diaries – never miss an appointment ever again! Or how about using it for meal planning?
We’ve all experienced that tiresome moment on a Sunday evening when you go to prepare lunches for the following day, only to realise you have an empty fridge. Quick top up shops at local supermarkets are not ideal or economic. We always end up buying bits we don’t need, rather than stocking up the larder effectively. Meal planning sounds like a hassle you have no time for, but it doesn’t have to be!
Here are some tips about how to make a mundane weekly chore easy:
- First, set out a weekly plan according to what you fancy to eat, and which days everyone will be present. There’s nothing worse than slaving over a meal for the family for them to turn it down because they’re off out.
- Shop online! Save time and energy by swiping at your convenience and buying food for planned meals.
- Get the whole family involved; ask them what they’d actually like for dinner.
- Waste not, want not – dedicate one meal to use up those leftovers.
- The freezer is your friend! Double batch that bolognaise sauce and use it in a few weeks.
- Spend some time during the month looking at new recipes, when you find a good one, save it somewhere!
- Check the weather in advance! No one wants a Roast dinner on a hot day! Get the BBQ out! Weather appropriate meals will keep the family happy.
- Celebrate occasions; make food extra special on Birthdays and holidays throughout the year.
All of these things can be recorded on your Eco Chalk Board in preperation for an organised week. There is so much evidence to support the importance of family mealtimes; Family dinners have been linked to a lower risk of obesity, eating disorders, and even increase a child’s chance of doing well at school, so they’re worth all the planning!
Kitchen accessories are the objects that catch people’s eyes, and will no doubt make your home stand out. Just a few simple additions could give you a happier and more organised way of life.
If you like the chalkboard that I use here, then you could grab your own from Home of Juniper. Use the code ‘aaublog10‘ to get 10% off and free shipping until the end of June.
*the items were gifted in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.