With the warmer weather approaching, I much prefer eating foods that are light and refreshing, like salads and cold dishes. But it is still nice to have something sweet now and again too, right? But when it is hot, a full-on chocolate cake isn’t exactly the thing that you want. So with Bioglan Superfoods, I have got two recipes to share that are perfect for summer. But they are both healthy and much better for than their traditional counterparts. So pretty perfect to try out (and for all of the family).
The first of the recipes is a healthy chocolate mousse. Plus, as I found, if you don’t even tell your kids that it has anything other than chocolate in, then they don’t notice the difference. It is really tasty!
Avocado Cacao Mousse
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 tbsp Bioglan Superfoods Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp honey / agave / maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients and blend until silky smooth.
- Serve chilled topped with crunchy Bioglan Superfoods Cacao Nibs and freeze dried raspberries.
If you fancy something lighter for summer, then how about making a healthy drink? Smoothies can be a bit too thick and not as ‘refreshing’, so how about a lemonade with a healthy kick? Here is how to make a pink lemonade with a superfood twist.
- 50g coconut sugar
- 4 lemons – zest and juice
- 200ml water
- crushed ice
- 2 tbsp Bioglan Superfoods Berry Burst
- In a saucepan, combine the coconut sugar, zest and juice of four lemons and 200ml water.
- Infuse over medium heat (but don’t boil) for about 15 minutes, cool and then strain.
- Fill two glasses with crushed ice and pour over the cooled lemonade mixture.
- Add 1 tsp Bioglan Superfoods Berry Burst to each glass and stir through.
- Sip through a straw and enjoy!
What do you think of these recipes? Do you think that you’ll give any of them a try?