Another year is almost over, and Autumn is often the time I use to reflect all that I have achieved – but also time to cram in last minute jobs I set out to complete this year! Maybe you have a tick list of all the household jobs you’ve accomplished, or maybe your home looks pretty much the same as it did this time last year and you’re tired of it. Well, now is the time to get all those unfinished jobs done before the year is out! Plus, who doesn’t want a pristine home in preparation for Christmas? Here are a few ideas of how best to get your home ready for the festive season:
- Getting homes prepped for Autumn and Winter means a clear out is essential. You’ll find space on your shelves you never realised you had and what’s more, you’ll feel more organised in knowing what is and isn’t in your cupboards.
- So you’ve got rid of all your junk and you’re already feeling lighter. You’re bound to have found a few cobwebs in the process, so now it’s time for a deep clean.
- Your home is clean, tidy and organised – hallelujah! Now you can add some cosy touches to make the home feel personal and in season. An autumnal wreath or a few new photos on your picture wall could go a long way.
- Play around with colours; why not add a little something daring this season? Deep, warm colours help a home feel automatically festive. You don’t need to get the paintbrush out, simply add a throw or a couple of cushions and you’re away.
- Perfect your lighting; scented candles and pretty lamps will make your home cosy in an instant. However, I think we can all agree that curtains, blinds and shutters are essentials that complete a room, and control light settings. Whether you work nights and need to catch a few winks during the day, or you need to accommodate for your napping babe, you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for with Velux blinds. Don’t worry about awkward window shapes and sizes you may or may not have; Velux will provide blinds to your personal specification.
Take on board these tips and you’ll be feeling comfortable and relaxed in time to enjoy the holidays.
Love Maddie x
*This post is in collaboration with Velux; although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.