Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it’s a day I love – not just because I’m a Mum and I look forward to a ‘day off’ (if that’s possible) but because it’s an opportunity to spoil my own Mum.
There are all the gifts in the world to treat your Mum with this Mothers Day. But rather than a box of chocolates and a scented candle, perhaps what she’d love more is to spend some quality time with you.
Here are 8 alternative ideas to make Mum’s day this year:
- Take her out for afternoon tea. It’s the ultimate indulgence, and there’s something to tickle everyone’s taste buds: from classic tea, hot chocolate, scones and jam with clotted cream and finger sandwiches to more unusual spreads with a glass of bubbly. I’ll take the lot, please.
- Have her in your home and cook for her. If you’re going to do this, you have to go all out! Three courses, the best china and fanciest table cloth – roll out the red carpet for her and make her special!
- For me, nothing says I love you like a spa retreat! Prepare yourself for ultimate relaxation! Potter around the pool in your cosy bathrobes and enjoy being pampered from head to toe! This is what Mum’s need once in a while!
- A day out in her favourite city: If she’s a city girl, hop on the train into London town and enjoy shopping and a theatre production. Hamilton is all the rage at the moment. Browse the boutiques of colourful Notting Hill and its famous Portobello Market. Buy your mum a beautiful bunch of flowers on a visit to Columbia Road Flower Market.
- A chilled weekend away: If she loves the countryside, why not take her to the New Forest for a getaway. Enjoy the wild horses as you walk or cycle through the woods and be sure to take a stroll by beach.
- Book a fun class for the two of you. If she loves to cook why not try out a Chinese cookery class? If flowers are her thing, book a flower arranging class and enjoy some bonding time.
- If your Mum is creative but also loves a night out, treat her to the best of both worlds. The Paint Republic offer a unique painting experience set in various venues around the country. Have a giggle and create a stunning piece to take home with you. Your Mum is sure to look back at her painting and remember the night with fondness!
- Fancy something more adventurous? Why not take Mum quad biking, off road karting or rock climbing? If she’s got a wild streak, give her what she enjoys most!
Think outside the box this Mother’s Day rather than going along with all the cliches! Whatever you choose to do, have a wonderful time celebrating.
Love Maddie x
Pin me for later!