With the sunnier weather and lighter evenings and mornings, I have been out and about running more in an effort to get fitter and improve my running time. A great way to refuel after exercise is with something high in protein. I have been sent some Kinetica protein powders to put together some new protein packed and delicious recipes.
Take a look at what I have come up with…
Chocolate Protein Brownies
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats (to make oat flour)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Kinetica Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup homemade, unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup homemade Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 175°c and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place the oats in blender and blend for a minute or so until they resemble the consistency of flour. Put the oat flour to medium bowl then whisk in protein powder and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together applesauce, egg, honey, vanilla and almond milk until smooth and well combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Heat coconut oil over very low heat; stir continuously until coconut oil has melted. Stir into brownie batter.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking tray. Sprinkle optional toppings like sliced almonds or chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, then take out and leave to cool. Once cool, cut into bars. Keep them covered in the refrigerator and enjoy cold.
Chocolate Protein Overnight Oats
- 1 cup homemade almond milk
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate Kinetica protein powder
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients together. Divide between 2 small bowls or kilner jars. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or for at least an hour or more).
- Top with chopped nuts or topping of choice if desired. Enjoy cold, or microwave for 60 seconds to enjoy warm.
Strawberry & Chia Protein Shake
I had a lot of fun creating these, and of course tasting them! What do you think? What do you use protein powders for?
*This is my entry to the Kinetica Protein Recipe Blogger competition.