Although it doesn’t really feel like it at the moment (did I really see snow forecast this coming week??) March is here so technically spring is here. If you want to get your home ready for spring, then it can help you to get rid of any signs of winter, freshen things up, and just generally make it a nicer place to be as all things spring and Easter start to shine.
Here are ten things you might consider having in your home for the spring season:
- Air purifier: As the weather warms up, you might start opening your windows and letting in fresh air. But with fresh air can come pollen and other allergens. Air purifiers can help filter out those irritants and keep your indoor air clean. They are something that can be stored away and brought out year after year, so they’re definitely something to invest in.
- Spring flowers: Bring a touch of spring indoors by picking up some fresh-cut flowers or potted plants. Tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths are all popular choices. Daffodils are a cheaper option too, and they just bring in an amazing pop of colour to the room.
- Lighter bedding: It’s time to swap out your heavy winter duvet and blankets for something lighter and more breathable. Consider a cotton or linen duvet cover, or even a lightweight quilt (when the weather actually brightens up, that is).
- Outdoor furniture: Spring is a great time to start enjoying your outdoor space again, if you have a space to use. Make sure you have some comfortable furniture, like a patio set or some Adirondack chairs, to relax in. Egg chairs aren’t looking to leave anytime soon, so now might be the time to get one before they’re all sold out.
- Grilling equipment: If you love to grill, make sure you’re prepared with all the necessary equipment. This might include a new grill brush, propane tank, or even a new grill if your old one is on its last legs. It is a good idea to get ahead of the game with these kinds of items, as you’ll want to make the most of them as soon as the sun arrives.
- Spring cleaning supplies: With the arrival of spring comes the urge to clean and declutter; it can be so therapeutic, am I right? Make sure you have all the necessary supplies on hand, like all-purpose cleaner, microfiber cloths, and storage bins. I have been loving Vinted recently for selling my second-hand clothes and items there.
- Lighter curtains or blinds: Heavy curtains or blinds can make a room feel dark and stuffy. Switch them out for something lighter and airier to let in more natural light. Plantation-style shutters are also a good idea if you’re looking to splurge and want to have something that will look good but also be amazingly light for spring and summer.
- Picnic basket: Pack a picnic and head outdoors to enjoy the warm weather. A picnic basket with plates, utensils, and a blanket can make it easy to enjoy a meal al fresco.
- Umbrella: Spring showers are inevitable, so make sure you have an umbrella on hand to stay dry.
- Spring-scented candles: Set the mood with some spring-scented candles, like lavender, citrus, or fresh linen. They can help freshen up your home and make it feel more welcoming