I have written a review of our year post for the past couple of years. So I didn’t want to let the new year pass by without writing down how our year has gone. It has been a bit of a whirlwind, if I’m honest, with all sorts of things flying by. It was a year to remember with my 30th birthday spent in Florida, as well as various highlights through my blog and other events.
Here are just some of the things of note from this year:
- Chloe started nursery school in January and has been loving life
- She was also discharged from her speech-therapy classes
- Max completed his reception year and has started year one with a bang! His school reports have been excellent and he has been thriving at school
- Max and Chloe have both been doing tennis lessons, with Chloe starting this year
- Mr. U has been doing well at work, and in particular, with his private investments
- Max went up a level at his swimming lessons
- Chloe turned 3
- Max turned 6
Places Travelled To & Weekend Trips:
- Orlando, Florida
- Tampa, Florida
- Baden-Baden and the Black Forest, Germany
- Hamburg, Germany
- Poole, Dorset
- Lake District
- Peak District
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Should have been going to Turks & Caicos for a blog conference but the resorts got closed due to the horrific hurricanes that happened this year 🙁
Top Five Most Viewed Blog Posts (that weren’t competitions):
- Christmas Eve Plate Review
- About Page (with the addition of two new team members this year)
- Baby Jogger City Tour Stroller Review
- 6 of the Best ‘One of a Kind’ Restaurants in London
- Go Figure: a Healthier Way To Lose Weight?
- Reaching 10k followers on Twitter
- My first press trips abroad (both in Germany)
- Expanding and getting a new contributor to the blog and a virtual assistant
- Becoming an ambassador for BEAR Nibbles and British Cycling
- Hitting over 4 million page views in total (since starting the blog), and getting a record high of over 57,000 views in August!
- Getting a place at the first ‘Blog Camp On Board,’ the first conference of its kind on board a cruise ship
- Getting first aid qualified
- Passing a ‘Breeze’ cycling instructor course and leading my first solo ride
- Starting a business with my husband, an after-school-club at my son’s school
- Turned 30 years of age!
- Celebrated 8 years of marriage to my sweet one
It has been fun to look back on all that has happened this year! There, of course, have been plenty of lows this year, what with fertility issues, hormone imbalance, and other personal issues. But listing the positive and happy is the way I want to remember the year.
4 million page views? Go you!! Wow you’ve had an amazing year, you must be so proud of yourself! I love reading your achievements, it’s made me want to acknowledge mine, sometimes its easy to forget how far you have come!
Sounds like you have had a great year of blogging and travel. Lets hope 2018 is bigger and better
What a year you have had! I Would love to have the social media following you do as it is something I really need to work harder at. That is my goal for this year.
It’s a shame the Turks and Caicos trip didn’t happen, however you certainly had some other lovely trips.
Here’s looking forward to your year ahead!
Amazing achievements and even starting a business with your husband! I’ve been trying to get mine thinking about ideas as we work in the same area but no luck yet. Here’s to an even more successful and wonderful 2018!
Wow, it sounds like an awesome year, you travelled to so many wonderful places and well done on your blog page views high of 57K, that’s great. Mich x
michelle twin mum recently posted…Bells Palsy: The Day I Lost My Smile!
Congratulations on your fabulous page views. That’s not easy to achieve these days with so many bloggers out there.
Linda Hobbis recently posted…The ONE Thing That Will Definitely Scupper Your New Year’s Resolutions
Chloe looks adorable in that photo on the monster chair! What an amazing year you had, I’m extremely jealous of your travelling list! Although I did visit Orlando myself and had a weekend in Germany but not to the Black Forest which I’d love to go to. Happy New Year, hope you have just a just as exciting 2018
Fantastic! CongratZ! Wishing you even better 2018.