I have written a review of our year post for the past couple of years. So I didn’t want to let the new year pass by without writing down how our year has gone. It has been a bit of a whirlwind, if I’m honest, with all sorts of things flying by. It was a year to remember with my 30th birthday spent in Florida, as well as various highlights through my blog and other events.
Here are just some of the things of note from this year:
- Chloe started nursery school in January and has been loving life
- She was also discharged from her speech-therapy classes
- Max completed his reception year and has started year one with a bang! His school reports have been excellent and he has been thriving at school
- Max and Chloe have both been doing tennis lessons, with Chloe starting this year
- Mr. U has been doing well at work, and in particular, with his private investments
- Max went up a level at his swimming lessons
- Chloe turned 3
- Max turned 6
Places Travelled To & Weekend Trips:
- Orlando, Florida
- Tampa, Florida
- Baden-Baden and the Black Forest, Germany
- Hamburg, Germany
- Poole, Dorset
- Lake District
- Peak District
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Should have been going to Turks & Caicos for a blog conference but the resorts got closed due to the horrific hurricanes that happened this year 🙁
- Christmas Eve Plate Review
- About Page (with the addition of two new team members this year)
- Baby Jogger City Tour Stroller Review
- 6 of the Best ‘One of a Kind’ Restaurants in London
- Go Figure: a Healthier Way To Lose Weight?
- Reaching 10k followers on Twitter
- My first press trips abroad (both in Germany)
- Expanding and getting a new contributor to the blog and a virtual assistant
- Becoming an ambassador for BEAR Nibbles and British Cycling
- Hitting over 4 million page views in total (since starting the blog), and getting a record high of over 57,000 views in August!
- Getting a place at the first ‘Blog Camp On Board,’ the first conference of its kind on board a cruise ship
- Getting first aid qualified
- Passing a ‘Breeze’ cycling instructor course and leading my first solo ride
- Starting a business with my husband, an after-school-club at my son’s school
- Turned 30 years of age!
- Celebrated 8 years of marriage to my sweet one
It has been fun to look back on all that has happened this year! There, of course, have been plenty of lows this year, what with fertility issues, hormone imbalance, and other personal issues. But listing the positive and happy is the way I want to remember the year.