I’m always on the look out for healthy recipes, particularly for snacking, and always things that are gluten-free. This is a little creation that is refined sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free, only having the natural sugar from banana and maple syrup. Don’t be put off though, that might make them sound awful, but they taste great and all of my family have been wolfing them down (which of course you can do as these are completely guilt-free to)!
They aren’t much to look at but they are perfect for on-the-go breakfast or snacks as well as lunchboxes.
Gluten-Free Banana Cookies
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil, plus extra for greasing
- Heat the oven to 200°C and lightly grease a baking tray with coconut oil.
- Mix the mashed bananas with the maple syrup and coconut oil and then stir into the oats.
- Use a spoon, place lumps of the mixture on the tray and pat down slightly.
- Bake in the oven for around 18 minutes, slightly longer if you like them nice and crispy.
Linking up to Sunday Sweets.