I sometimes can get quite stuck with what to know to get for children for ‘stocking fillers’ that aren’t just tiddly pointless bits from the pound shop. If you do stocking fillers, I think it needs to be ‘less is more’. Just a few things that are actually more useful than a piece of plastic that just breaks after a few days (speaking from sad experience).
I’ve got together a few bits that would be suitable for younger boys and girls in this little gift guide. I hope you find it of use!
- Bathtime Buddies Elsa Gifts – these are only sold at Sainsburys over Christmas but they have things like Shimmer bath bubbles, Glitter Sparkle nail set, bath tints, magic bathtime mirror and a hair set. There will be something in there suitable for your little Frozen fan!
- Personalised Name Crayons by notonthehighstreet £3 – I really like personalised things and this would be a cute and useful gift for a little preschooler that is learning the alphabet (and also likes to get creative with crayons).
- Toby Tiger Dino Mittens at House of Fraser £12.99 – I love, love, love that these have the strings to thread through the coat. Nothing worse than losing mittens and let’s face it, with little ones, it is probably going to happen. They’re fleece lined too.
- Fairisle Print Leggings by George at Asda £3 – I usually get this print for my wrapping paper at Christmas so it is no surprise that I think these leggings are lovely. And at £3? Absolute bar-gain!
- Fingerprint Set by notonthehighstreet £9.45 – inside the tin are three coloured ink pads, 12 rubber stamps and 10 colouring pencils for creating little coloured creatures, flowers and characters. This dinosaur edition is really cute.
- Two Pack Christmas Headbands by George at Asda £3 – I think these are so cute for the littlest ones! Perfect addition to a Christmas day outfit but with only being red and white, they would work for many other occasions too. Love the price.
- Bow tie Sleepsuit by George at Asda £3.50 – oh my goodness me this is theee cutest! I love the little bow tie and braces combo – would look so cute with some little baby chinos for Christmas. Adorable and a great price.
- Thomas & Friends Gift Sets from Bathtime Buddies – these are available from most major supermarkets and my son loves them! The colour in bath tidy is brilliant to keep their attention on the bath. They can colour in the bath tidy but you can concentrate on getting hair washed! There is also a Fat Controller travel case to use in the bath, with bath bubbles and toys, as well as colour change bubble bath for lots of fun and blowing bubbles. Perfect for your little Thomas lovers.
Are there any of these things you would consider? My son would certainly recommend the Thomas and Friends range.
*this post is part of my role as a member of the Bathtime Buddies Bathtime Fun Squad. All opinions are my own.