I’ll be honest with you, when I first attempted a chia pudding, I threw most of it away, it was disgusting. I had just used almond milk, a bit of yoghurt and chia seeds. As the chia forms a ‘gel’ when it is in liquid I just found the consistency too gross. Knowing the amazing qualities of chia seeds though, like boosting energy, reducing cholesterol and stabilising blood sugar, I knew I wanted to stick at it and make myself like it. Might sound quite silly but with the right recipe it tastes absolutely amazing and I’m not sure why I ever disliked it?!
Most things you are likely to have in and you can obviously vary it to suit you. I like to top mine with a nutty granola for a different texture and crunch.
Berry Chia Breakfast Bowl
- 300ml Nut Milk (I use cashew)
- 1 banana chopped into chunks
- 1 tsp maple syrup or agave
- handful of frozen berries
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- Put the milk, banana, syrup and berries in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and then stir in the chia seeds.
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight – the chia ‘gel’ needs to form.
- Enjoy for breakfast as it is or you could add some nuts, nut butter or granola on top.