I haven’t particularly set myself many personal goals this year. There is the standard weight loss and being healthier and I do plan to stick to that. I joined a gym last month as I had been working out at home or going running. I decided that I needed a bit of ‘me’ time away from home, so the gym was calling to me. It is a newly built one so it is lovely and I’ve been really enjoying it so far. I just need to brave stepping on the scales to see if it is actually making a difference.
I want to save some money too and have used a printable I found over on Oh So Amelia. I’m only 11 days in but it has been working for me so far 😉
I have got several blogging goals and things that I want to achieve so I thought I would write them down. then I can check back and see how many I was actually able to achieve.
- Update my media pack – since having a little blog redesign this hasn’t been updated. my stats need to be updated too.
- Vlog – I have a YouTube channel set up and I started using it more and more at the end of last year. I would love to do more with it this year and get some more subscribers.
- Work on Pinterest – this has been the social media channel I haven’t put much thought into. I need to make sure every blog post has ‘pinnable’ images too.
- Attend BritMums Live in June – I would love to find a sponsor for it but I do plan to go anyway. I went to my fist conference, BlogFest, in November and I loved it!
- Improve My Photography – really need to look into this! Hopefully there is a course I could attend. Lots of practice, practice, practice!
- Say No More – this is particularly for things like reviews. I think if I don’t really want it, I need to say no. Reviews can take up a lot of time and I get requests for them a lot.
- Work on SEO – I was quite clueless about this until recently. I have downloaded the Yoast plugin that has been really interesting. I will continue to use that, improve my posts and tags and work on removing bad back links.
- Increase my Following – I have a little over 11k across social media now and I would love to get to 20k by the end of the year. Is this even possible?! We’ll see!
- Get Organised – I need to get a spreadsheet together of Brands and PRs that I have worked with. I then need it get brave and get in touch with them to see if there are new projects that I might be suitable for. I’d love to be able to be on a full-time-ish wage from blogging.
- Comment More – it seems that I only have time to comment on other blogs when I’m involved in linkys. While I enjoy links and will carry on doing them, I need to do it more spontaneously too.
- Set a Work Schedule – I really need set times when I allow myself to do work and set times when I don’t do any. I feel like i’m glued to phone somedays, and not in a good way! I got a new planner for Christmas, so I plan to plan my weeks out in that, every Sunday evening.
That is quite a potted version of what I’m aiming for, but we will see how it all goes. What are your goals for the year, blogging or otherwise?
Great goals – I aim to be more ‘in the moment’ with my family, to travel more and I have to get more organised! Happy New Year! Kaz x
Ickle Pickle recently posted…Weekly Photo 2015 #2
Happy new year! Those sound good to me – I want to travel more too x
Rebecca U recently posted…Blogging Goals for 2016
Good luck with the goals. I’m all about my book this year – this may come at the detriment of blog stats, and I’ve accepted that’s okay. Hope you are able to come to BritMums – be a second chance to say hi that we missed at Blogfest. I think it’s worth considering whether you can stretch to staying one night now that it’s been shortened to a one-day event – more of a chance to meet fellow bloggers at either end of what promises to be a very busy day.
Tim recently posted…My Sunday Photo: Star Wars – The elf awakens
good point. I don’t live too far from it so I could always just aim for a late train home. good luck with your book!
Rebecca U recently posted…Blogging Goals for 2016
I hope you reach all you goals this year. I really need to set myself some too! I am waiting for my blogger planner to arrive! 🙂
We’ve pretty similar blogging goals. I want to do less reviews and also work on my youtube channel. I’ve just popped over and subscribed to yours. 🙂
Good luck with your goals. 🙂 xx
Jenna recently posted…Jasmine’s 21 month update
Great goals. I love goals because they definitely hold you accountable especially posting them for the world. Thanks for sharing
Sounds like some great blogging goals and I hope you manage to achieve all your goals this year x
Life as Mum recently posted…Family Day Out
I think I need to write down my blogging goals too, it’s so much better to keep track of what needs doing if you can tick it off a list. Pinterest is a big goal for me too x
Alex Lamb & Bear recently posted…Maternity Fashion Favourites
These are great goals 🙂 I love fitness, i have been slacking since summer but recently got back into the gym, I find classes help as they keep it interesting as I get bored of doing the same stuff quite easily! I love photography too! I miss using my camera as much as I used to so maybe I will start again this year 🙂 lovely post xx
Sophie Allan recently posted…Travel | We went to Center Parcs!
These are really great goals for your blog, I could do with working my way through some of these myself for my own blog x
Sian QuiteFranklySheSaid recently posted…REVIEW: Summer Infant UME One Stroller