For people that know me, they will know that I love scented candles. I love the home smelling divine and like to have scents that are seasonal too. A lot of scented candles are made using paraffin wax, though. Paraffin is a by-product from oil refining so it leads to toxic fumes. So introducing soy wax melts from The Blue Dog Company.
Soy wax is much better for us and for the environment, so you can have a gorgeous scented house, without causing harm. It is also renewable and biodegradable – much more natural than a lot of scented candles that are out there.
At the moment there are 12 scents to choose from in their shop. I chose to try out:
- Sherbet Lemon
They are so easy to use and smell so, so good! I couldn’t stop sniffing them as I got them out of the packet. The lemon and orange were a bit stronger than the other two when they were by themselves. When melted, though, they really came into their own! I was happy with all of the choices I made but think ‘Ginger Spice’ would be great for autumn / winter and ‘Fresh Linen’ would be great for spring.
When you put them in a warmer, you think they will take a long time to melt (c’mon, its a tiny tea light candle underneath) but it doesn’t take long to warm up and start to melt – literally minutes!
I would recommend these completely. Good for you and smell divine! Each melt is priced at £1.19 which I think is totally reasonable and competitive with other melts on the market.
To be in with the chance of winning four melts of your choice, just complete the Rafflecopter form below.
Good luck! You have until midnight on 14 March 2016 to enter.
*the melts were gifted in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The giveaway will run from 6am on 1st Macrh 2016 and run until 11.59pm on 14th March 2016, GMT.
- The prize is for one winner; four soy wax scented melts of your choice.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
- Entries can only be completed through the Rafflepcopter widget.
- All entries will be checked and verified.
- The winners is chosen at random, from all valid entries.
- The winner will be announced on 16th March 2016 and the winner will be emailed, as well as announced through AAUBlog’s social media pages.
- The winners will have 72 hours to respond with their details, otherwise a new winner will be picked, following the same procedure.