Summer is here, and if you’re not already holiday ready, you’re probably dying to be! For some of us, however, it isn’t all fun and games; it’s actually a pretty daunting time of year if you’re not confident about the way you look.
Taking off your comforting and familiar layers to reveal the real you is not always a sight one wants to be confronted with. No need to starve yourself and spend your precious time in the gym, there are other ways you can be summer ready in no time.
Check out some of our top tips for getting beach ready:
- Summertime is a time to make memories, and you are going to feel amazing spending so much time in the great outdoors. To help with confidence, why not try some activities that you wouldn’t usually go for? Have a laugh, enjoy it, and burn some calories in the process.
- Get your hair done, enjoy a pedicure. Beautify and pamper yourself, you deserve it! Having a spray tan or getting yourself lash extensions will make you feel great about yourself as well as encourage positive body image.
- Download hot remixes or mash-ups of your favourite music to freshen up your playlist. Only add songs that make you want to move and put a smile on your face—a strong beat can help you pick up the pace of your cardio routine, even if that does mean dancing in the kitchen with your kids.
- Make healthy swaps to your lifestyle. Instead of doing the school run by car, walk. As you pop into town to go to the bank or the post office, grab your bike instead of your car keys.
- Warmer, sunnier days can make you want to spend more time outside—but not necessarily running. Up your steps and enjoy the weather just by taking scenic walks and running around with your kids.
- Sprucing up your wardrobe can work miracles for your appearance and your body confidence. It’s amazing what the right silouette dress can do for a curvy lady. In the summer months women long to feel comfortable and knix.com pride themselves in providing comfortable and fashionable clothing for your everyday woman.
If you implement some of these tips into your day-to-day lifestyle you’ll be the first to unlayer when you’re poolside. Embrace your body, be confident and enjoy the summer.