This time of year is always filled with more illness, sniffles and colds. We get sick more and bugs seem to spread really easily. So it is no surprise that plenty of us want to look for ways to stay healthy or give our immune system a boost. Here are some easy ways to help your body fight off those pesky germs.
- First, you should stock up on Manuka honey. The rating doesn’t even have to be that high necessarily. A 5+ would be good to help the onset of a cold or sore throat.
- You should make sure that you have some good quality turmeric in the house.
- Get a good quality vitamin C supplement.
- Likewise, some equally good Echinacea.
- Drink plenty of water – at least 2 litres a day. They say lukewarm is best but anything is better than nothing. You could also add a few drops of a citrus essential oil to your water as this can really cleanse and detoxify.
- Get enough sleep – aim for at least 7 hours, 8 if you’re lucky. When you are feeling tired and run down you feel worse and are more susceptible to germs and illness.
- Eat as much organic and local food as you can afford. If you’re immune system is lower at this time of year, the more natural and healthy food, the better.
I have been using Redoxon® Triple Action supplement over the past few weeks, as a way to get plenty of vitamin C. It is also a high with vitamin D and zinc which all help to support your immune system. The more your body is ready to fight off sickness naturally, the better.
In winter, there is obviously much less sunlight. We get vitamin D from the sun and make most of ours in the summer months. Having a boost in winter from a supplement is a good way to go. I remember speaking to a health visitor about this with my kids. And she says that children need a vitamin D supplement for sure. So I was really pleased to hear that Redoxon do a children’s chewy vitamin supplement. Their supplement is suitable for children from age four, so Max has been loving having his every morning. He has always been remaining me about it too, which is a really good sign. They obviously taste good and make him feel good.
The supplement comes in a effervescent tablet form, that you dissolve in water. I have found it really easy to fit into my day; I pour a glass of water, pop one in to dissolve and then make the kid’s breakfast. When that is all done it is dissolved. The drink tastes really good too, which I was pleasantly surprised by. It tastes like a flat Fanta drink, but doesn’t contain sugar. Winning!
I have been feeling good over the past few weeks and no one in our household has been feeling unwell, or even had anything as little as a cough. I don’t know if it is only down to the supplement but it has made a difference.
If you would like to win a Redoxon goody bag, along with a £50 Tesco voucher to stock up on healthy food and drinks for winter, all you need to do is enter via the Rafflecopter form below. Just complete as many entries as you would like.
Good luck! You have until 11.59pm on 6th December 2016 to enter.
*the Redoxon products were gifted in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- The giveaway will run from 6am on 22nd November 2016 and will run until 11.59pm on 6th December 2016, GMT.
- The prize is for one winner; one Hotel Chocolat Merry Little Christmas Hamper.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
- All of the entries can only be completed through the Rafflecopter widget.
- All entries will be checked and verified.
- The winners is chosen at random, from all valid entries.
- The winner will be announced on 8th December 2016 and the winner will be emailed, as well as announced through AAUBlog’s social media pages.
- The winners will have 72 hours to respond with their details, otherwise a new winner will be picked, following the same procedure.