I can’t get enough of Christmas and love all of the festivities that come along with it. I have pretty much sorted my Christmas shopping now; I like to get it done as early as possible. Then December doesn’t have to be a drag or stress me out. I really can embrace the season and all that it brings.
One thing that I think is so lovely about Christmas, is the Christmas dinner. Being surrounded by family or friends, enjoying some traditional food is just the best. One of my favourite things to do. Ever. One thing that makes the meal extra special, is having a stunning table setting. It isn’t like every meal is set up like that, so everyone knows that it is a super special event.
I made a centrepiece last year using a wreath as a base and put baubles in a lantern. I liked it as it gave the table height and just made a statement. I think using things like baubles is a fun way to decorate too. So if you’re looking for some inspiration for table settings, I have gathered a few ideas for you.
- Use a vase or a bowl
- Fill it with baubles or things like pinecones, fairy lights candy canes. Makes a really simple but stunning centrepiece
- Flowers make anything look prettier, so they are a must
- Traditional flowers at Christmas are poinsettias but something like red roses would work well too
- Using a tray makes for a simple but effective table setting
- You could use a few different sized candles on the tray and then fill with berries, pinecones or baubles
- Use a cake stand
- It gives great height and most of us probably have one laying around at home. You could add candles on top, or place one of the above style centrepieces on top of it. If you had a tiered cake stand, you could fill it with foliage or decorations, for a mini-Christmas tree effect. You could even get some different sized boxes, wrapping paper and ribbon, to create a stunning gift centrepiece like this one
- Lanterns can be used for a really effective look
- You could have a church candle in it, and then surround it with foliage or anything that feels a little festive. I think the bow in this one gives off a really stunning look
Do you tend to make a centrepiece over Christmas? I must admit, I didn’t really bother until now my kids are at the not grabbing-everything-in-sight kind of stage. All of these designs are really quite simple when you break them down, so they wouldn’t take very long to whip up.
Which are your favourites here? I’d love to know what you think!
*this is a collaborative post
I love all of them, they are so simple to make yet would transform the Christmas table into something special!
You are organised! I have a few things still to buy but I have got the majority which is a first for me. I love the white, pinecone centrepiece xxx
Wow, some lovely ideas there, I think I might have to have a go at making one of these.
I love them all, but love the stacking present one!
Stephanie Moore recently posted…How To Create An Inspirational Quote Wall
oooh I love the candle/pine cone combo. Looks pretty and is super simple to recreate – win win! x
Stephanie Oakes recently posted…Christmas Gift Guide // For Bloggers
The candy can centrepiece is absolutely fab. Although my kids would probably eat it haha
Kellie Kearney recently posted…Win a Nuby Hamper
What lovely ideas. I think the present one and the clear vase are my fave. You can always then reuse the vase all year around x
I absolutely love the candle and pinecone one in the vase x
Emma @sophieellaandme recently posted…25 Christmas Crafts For Children
I love that Candy cane flower arrangement – I’ve been on the hunt for candy canes to do this but I want proper red and white ones and the ones I keep seeing are a bit more pink and some even have green in! How picky am I lol
I am getting so excited for Christmas! Love your ideas – my dining table is quite small so I don’t have much room for a lot unfortunately. Kaz x
Oh I love this!! I like the cake stand idea and the dish with apples and pears- am definitely going to do one! x
I’m a fan of wreath and candles as the centre piece.
Janine Dolan recently posted…A Day in a Parenting Blogger’s Life – What The Redhead Said
I love love love Christmas and love all decorations involved too!! My favourite is the cake stand one 🙂 x