If you are feeling festive (never too early, right)? Then you might be on the lookout for a tasty, warming, and filling breakfast, that is a real treat in the run up to Christmas. In fact, we love this recipes so much, that we’ve made it to have alongside lunch before, but it works well for brunch, and a great thing for guests to enjoy if you have people staying over.
French toast really is simple to make, especially with the tasty yeast-free sough dough bread from Gradz Bakery. You can make it suitable for allergies too, such as using vegan chocolate, dairy-free milk, gluten-free bread if needed, and even using an egg alternative (though I’m not quite sure how that would completely work out).
So here are the ingredients and what you need to do, to make this tasty and indulgent recipe.
Chocolate and Cinnamon French Toast (with yeast-free sourdough)
Serves 2-4, prep 5 mins, cook 10 mins
- 4 slices GRADZ yeast free sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 4 tbsp caster sugar mixed with 2-3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Butter or oil for pan frying
- 50g dark chocolate, melted
What To Do:
- Beat the egg and milk together with a fork on a plate. Dip each slice of bread in the egg mix until coated
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the slices of bread, one at a time. Cook for a minute or so until the underside is golden then turn and cook the other side for the same until golden. Remove from pan and sit them on a plate and continue cooking each slice of coated bread.
- Now dust the slices with the cinnamon sugar – Drizzle over melted chocolate, slice in halve and serve.
It would be great to hear if you give this a go. Let me know what you think!
*this is a collaborative post with GRADZ Bakery.