I have a confession to make. I am a cookbook hoarder. I love a good cookbook in my life and eating a variety of different foods each week. So when I was given the chance to put the new cookbook ‘Smitten Kitchen Every Day’ to the test, I was looking forward to seeing what recipes it had and how easy they were to replicate. And the great news? One of you can win a copy for yourself, too.
‘Smitten Kitchen Every Day’ is the new cookbook from New York-based food blogger Deb Perelman. Deb believes in tasty food with minimum fuss, and that is something that she and I have in common, especially at weeknights! Her recipes are great for busy people juggling a packed life or lively family. The book is ideal for those less confident about their cookery skills and you don’t need to have all sorts of gadgets in the kitchen to recreate the recipes.
Having had a flick through and been creating recipes from the book every night this week, I can confirm that the aim of the book is right; you don’t need any fancy kitchen equipment to cook the foods, and it is all kept pretty simple but really tasty and delicious. I like that the ingredients are ‘normal’ and not something that you can’t get in a regular supermarket. Nothing worse than seeing a recipe you want to try and you can only find the ingredients online! So that was a big plus for me.
The range of the recipes is great and there are a whole host of recipes for different dietary requirements. There are plenty of vegetarian options and quite a few vegan options too. As well as some indulgent desserts and filling breakfasts. So there will be something in the book that works for you. I was very pleasantly surprised by the choice – it was hard to know where to start and which recipes to try first.
Priced at £17.99 I think it is totally reasonable for a cookbook. Most cookbooks I have have been over £10, and there are so many recipes in this one! So price per recipe makes it a bargain. The only downside to the book, that may get changed as the book gets bigger in the UK, to be fair, is that the oven temperatures are in degrees fahrenheit. So you just need to use a convertor to get it in celsius or gas mark. Not the end of the world, but something to note.
If you would like to win a copy for yourself, then you just need to enter via the Rafflecopter form below.
*the cookbook was gifted in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The competition is open to residents of the UK only aged 18 and over.
- The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- To enter, please use the Rafflecopter widget above, complete any mandatory entries and any optional entries you would like.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- The winner will receive one copy of the smitten kitchen Everyday cook book.
- The closing date for entries is 11.59pm on 27th December 2017.
- The winner will be informed by email within 7 days of the closing date.
- The winner will be asked to provide a full UK postal address with postcode for delivery purposes.
- The winners name will be available on request.
- Address details will be passed onto an agency to post the prize out to the winner, and is therefore beyond my control. I cannot be held responsible for prizes being lost in the post although I will endeavour to liaise with the agency.
- Entry to this giveaway confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- AAUBlog’s decision is final in all matters relating to this giveaway.