With just a few days to go and it nearly being half term, here are some fun cupcakes you could make with the kids. You could use gluten free flour if you’d prefer and they can’t be all bad for you – they have the extra fruit and sweetness of prunes 😉
Prune & Orange Halloween Cupcakes
- 110g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 80g caster sugar
- 125g self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa poweder (optional for chocolate cupcakes, omit for vanilla ones)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- Zest from 2 oranges
- 80g prunes (finely chopped)
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the beaten egg and combine until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, orange zest and chopped prunes and mix together.
- Place the cupcake cases in the muffin tray and divide the mixture evenly.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 14-16 minutes until cooked.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely before decorating. Use with either butter icing, fondant or frosting with some Halloween colour food dyes.
Have you got any things that you usually do over Halloween? Let me know!
Linking up to Let’s Talk Mommy’s Share with Me linky.