After all of the Christmas and New Year celebrations, I know a lot of people are doing Dry January and avoiding alcohol for the month. I personally don’t drink so every day is dry January haha! I thought I’d share a mocktail recipe that is, as it sounds, alcohol free. Perfect for any dry-january-ers out there!
I used coconut water because, well, I love it! Since we went to Thailand in the summer and had it fresh straight from a coconut, I’ve been pretty obsessed with it. This version from Innocent is made using coconuts from Thailand, so it takes me way back. Tastes so good!
There are a lot of toxins in alcohol but I think a mocktail is the perfect mix. This is made using berries and along with the coconut water, makes it so naturally good for you and refreshing.
Strawberry & Coconut Water Mocktail
For two servings, you will need:
- handful of hulled, chopped strawberries
- handful of raspberries
- juice of 1 lime
- 300 ml Innocent coconut water
- 3 tbsp sugar syrup (you could use agave nectar)
For the sugar syrup:
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 6 tbsp water
What to do:
- First you need to make the sugar syrup. Heat the coconut sugar and water in a pan until it boils and makes a thick syrup. Make sure you are stirring often so it doesn’t burn. Take it off the heat and leave it to cool.
- Place the berries, coconut water and lime juice in a blender. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the sugar syrup into the blender and blitz.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately. If you don’t like the seeds in the drink, then strain before serving. You can even add a fancy umbrella in your drink if you fancy it 😉
What do you think to the recipe? I’d love to hear if you try it.
linking this up to Tasty Tuesday.
*thanks to Innocent for sending over some yummy coconut water for us to try. All opinions are my own.