The winter holiday season is the most expensive time of year. Even if you manage to set a reasonable gift spending budget, there are usually unexpected costs, forgotten recipients, unanticipated parties, and even winter emergencies to pay for.
While this time usually drains most people of their cash, it can be a time to earn a little extra dough for those Christmas cookies, special gifts, and party shoes. Below are some enterprising ways to accrue money this winter instead of spending it all.
Set Up Shop This Christmas and Hanukah
For the artsy and crafty, now is prime time to capitalize on shoppers looking for gifts, decorations, party favours, and more. Consider some of these creative ideas:
- Make unique holidays cards and invitation templates out of materials like unused scraps of wrapping paper, foil, or repurposing elements cut from old cards of your own
- Create your own naturally-dyed beeswax candles, handmade soaps with holiday scents like gingerbread and candy cane, or loose leaf tea bags with seasonal herbs like peppermint and spices like cinnamon
- Have a passion for baking? Put up flyers and advertise your cookies, brownies, and muffin services on-demand as a mini dessert catering business
- Knit or crochet cozy holiday socks, mittens, hats, and scarves, and make your own unique holiday sweaters. Sew festive patches and words into throw pillows or patchwork blankets
If you can’t quite afford the time to sell your goods, consider making all of your gifts homemade this year. Everyone will appreciate the time and craft you put into making something special for them.
Scan Your Home For Unused Items To Sell
The top way to make money easily from selling your things is an easy. One of the easiest and fastest ways to earn a little money is to get cash for your gold. You can get fair and current market prices for your unwanted gold, silver, diamonds, gemstones, high end watches and purses, and other items. Look for professionals who pride themselves on excellent customer service and discretion, who also offers an option to pawn items you’re not quite ready to let go of, for a nice temporary loan. You’ll get much better prices through a reputable establishment like Pinto Cash For Gold than byhoping forrandom bids on eBay or listing an unattractive price on Craigslist.
Things that accumulate over time are often just sitting around and taking up space. Cleaning house and being able to make money while doing so is a smart practice to get into!
Sell Your Winter Services
Not just for kids, doing winter chores for money is a nice way to earn some extra holiday coin. Jobs could include:
- Shovelling walkways
- Clearing dangerous icicles
- Removing ice from paths and stoops
- Fetching and delivering Christmas trees for families
- Putting up lights in trees and other high places
- Cooking, baking, and other catering help for parties
- Bartending or serving at business or private holiday parties
Contact local businesses with your services and offer to get their storefronts and walkways cleared nice and early on snowy days to keep customers safe and to meet city safety requirements.
Think about your skills and talents and how these can be translated into holiday-friendly versions to make some extra spending money this season.