With the Christmas party season in full swing, life can get pretty hectic at this time of year. From work do’s to Christmas socials; family occasions and New Years Eve parties – it’s a busy time of year and there can often be a lot of pressure on your wardrobe to deliver beautiful new outfits for every event. We can all resonate with the saying ‘too many clothes but nothing to wear’, so why not get rid of some of the old so that you can bring home a few lovely pieces that make you feel great? We all need to be appropriately suited and booted and have some winter staples to fall back on for each busy day of hosting or winters night out.
Here are a few essentials we all need to stay on trend this Christmas:
- Christmas Markets: As much as winter fashion is about staying on trend, it’s also about staying warm so you can actually enjoy your evening out – particularly if you’re dreaming of a white Christmas. We recommend a thick, warm puffer coat to keep you cosy as you venture through the markets, combined with lots of mulled wine of course.
- Ice Skating: Stay active this winter by hitting the ice rink. The ice can be a magical setting at Christmas with your partner, friends or kids. Choose a lighter coat for optimum movement and remember your gloves, it’s bound to be chilly and you never know who’ll end up ice down.
- Christmas Jumper Day: Love it, hate it – deal with it! Treat yourself to a new Christmas jumper that isn’t as cringeworthy as last years.
- The office Christmas do: Go bold this year with a little sparkle and your highest heels. You can’t go wrong with a black dress but of course red is very festive. If you tend to wear a grey suit with a white shirt and plain tie to work most days, then stick with that theme but on an elevated scale. Make sure your suit is slim-cut and well-tailored, opt for a richer hue like navy blue or claret and team it with a pair of chic derby shoes.
- Christmas Eve: If you’re hitting the town this Christmas Eve, stay warm without ruining your outfit as you wait for your taxi home. A good quality leather jacket is wardrobe essential.
- The Big Day: Christmas Day should be about indulging in life’s ultimate comforts. You’ll be wanting luxury pajamas, a soft dressing gown and cosy slippers for Christmas morning as well as your favourite casual wear to spend the day in. A stretchy waistline is a must!
- Boxing Day: It’s time to relax from the festivities and maybe stretch your legs by getting out on a fresh winters walk with the family. Comfortable skinny jeans, a thick hoodie and some warm boots make the perfect attire for walking off that turkey.
- New Years Eve: You already have your night all planned out, right? But perhaps you need some outfit inspiration. Velvet is so in right now, paired with a racer back and loose curls; what better time to turn heads than as you bring in the New Year?
Superdry have put together an infographic in more detail too, so you can see what they have to fit every occasion over the festive period:
Provided by Superdry
What do you think about this? If you fancy taking on board these style tips, you’ll be so relieved when your shopping is done and your outfits are planned out! What’s Christmas without a little treat for yourself?