Attaining Your 2018 Fitness and Appearance Goals

The new year is here. You made it through the holiday festivals, and you promised yourself that 2018 would be your year to get back in shape. Now that the year is underway, you may be unsure of how to begin. Let us help you begin. You may find it is easier than you think.

See your doctor

Before you begin any sports program, exercise program, or new eating plan, you should make an appointment to see your doctor. Your doctor will make sure you are healthy enough the fitness plan you are preparing. He will provide you with a nutrition plan that will enhance your efforts.

You will eat a diet that is high in protein. Protein helps build, and restore your muscles. You will limit fats, carbs, and eliminate sugar from your menu. Sugar is empty calories. In other words, they give you no nutrition, and they are high in calories. Your goals for 2018 should be to get healthy, lean, and to increase your stamina and energy levels.


Before we get into your program, let’s be clear. Drinking water must be a major part of your fitness and appearance goals. You must stay hydrated in order for your body to function properly. You need water to carry nutrients through your body. Dehydration during exercise can cause dizziness, muscle cramps, and a lot of other symptoms. You only get about 20% of the water you need from the foods you eat. The other 80% needs to come from pure water. Click here for information on how much water you need.

Exercise gear

So you are getting ready to get in shape so you can get going with the bike club, the dance team, or the bodybuilders at the gym. Before you reach for a worn out pair of walking shorts and an old tee shirt, stop and think. Have you ever seen a serious athlete wearing such outfits? They are usually dressed out in pro gear that includes leggings, jackets, and tee shirts that keep them dry and increases their performance.

Exercise professionals Move are industry leaders in group fitness programs, and classes that teach people to get the most out of their training. They know that what a person wears while they are exercising has a big impact on the outcome.

Here is why:

  • Sports clothing boosts confidence

Move U understands that when you look great, you feel great. This concept is shown in every sport. You are part of a team, and you want to do your best. The clothing is so important in the sports arenas that it has become a huge industry globally.

  • It improves your performance.

This is the true reason why Move U offers their custom clothing line. Move U customized leggings support the legs. The material is scientifically proven to assist and encourage muscle growth. Matching shirts that wick away moisture look great while allowing for maximum comfort. Add a matching jacket, and you feel comfortable even when you leave the gym. You are trendy and attractive while working toward your fitness goals.

  • Prevent injury and adds protection

Well fitting sports clothing adds a layer of protection. Not only are the muscles hugged and supported, and there are no pieces of loose cloth that can make you trip or lose your grip. If you live in a cold area, your gear will allow you to exercise longer due to the special material that maintains your body temperature. People who live in hot climates need clothing that protects the body from the harmful rays of the sun. Compression clothing keeps muscles from excessive soreness. Muscle recovery is faster due to the increased blood flow compression clothing provides.

Reaching your goal

Speak to the professionals. Let a trainer advise you on realistic fitness goals. Just as your doctor advised you on nutritional goals. Work at a steady pace and push on even when you don’t want to. Soon you will discover that your lifestyle has adjusted and you have become the person you are trying to be. It may take a little while for your physical form to match your mental picture, but it will happen. Remember, your goal is to be healthy, and healthy is beautiful. This is going to be your year! The only thing stopping you – is you.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.