Out of every space in a home, your bedroom is without a doubt the most personal. Even though it’s an area many of your guests may never actually see, it still deserves a great deal of attention. It’s where you recharge, reflect on the day and might even spend time reading a book.
Imagine the pleasure that could come with a bedroom that’s organised and decorated to perfection. If your bedroom is an undesirable environment or you simply fancy a change, here are 8 top tips for a bedroom freshen up:
1. Colours can instantly change the mood of the room. Create a glamorous and dramatic bedroom with dark colours; how about shades of midnight blue and grey? Or dark green for an earthy vibe. Gold accents and mirrored furniture provide the opulent finishing touches. If your style is more minimalist, opt for lights and whites.
2. Get the most out of your night time reading by controlling the lighting from your bedside. Installing bedroom LED lighting will provide the room with ambience as well as being energy efficient – helping the planet and your bank balance.
3. We know that darkness is essential to sleep, the presence of which sends signals to the brain that it’s time to relax. That’s why blackout blinds or shutters can help keep intrusive light at bay to help you sleep better. However, aroom is never complete until you dress your window with classy curtains that tie in with your personal style.
4. Layering is key to a beautiful bed. It gives your space an instantly glamorous upgrade, plus you’ll be beyond cozy in the wintertime. Drape the bed with throws, bedspreads and cushions and add a sheepskin rug to the floor for extra texture and warmth.
5. An en suite or walk in shower is a must-have for a luxurious master bedroom, but making the two work together aesthetically can be tricky as they serve such different purposes. Treating them as one space is key, so choose complementary colours and finishes, and similar materials where possible so that the room flows.
6. We don’t all have the luxury of a walk-in-wardrobe but all bedrooms need storage. Fitted wardrobes will create a clean and complete finish as well as provide a better storage solution. Add lights to your wardrobe for practicality as well as added luxury.
7. Artwork is what helps define the personality of the homeowner and their space so you can really go wild with this one, if you want too! If you need inspiration, look for abstract pieces with soothing colors or tones. The best walls for art in the bedroom are directly over the bed or on the wall opposite the bed. Large scale pieces are best and should be hung at eye level.
8. Finish off the room with accessories that add character. This should be the fun part! Add candles, prints, plants, flowers or sculptures to make the room a little more you.
It’s no secret – the link between quality sleep and improved physical and mental health is more well-known than ever. Creating the right ambience for accommodating a good night’s sleep is incredibly important.
Wow amazing design ideas. I strongly believe that bedroom even though it’s a private area, it must be designed and decorated well. Because at the end of the day, you are going to spend 8-10 hours everyday in the bedroom and it must look soothing and comfortable.
Thanks for sharing these amazing bedroom design hacks.