Yes, you read that title correctly, I’m going to BML16! For those of you that don’t know, BritMums Live is a blogging conference for UK parent bloggers. It is one of the biggest conferences on the blogging calendar and it is held in London.
I have only ever been to one blogging conference before, Blogfest, and although I was chilling out on my own for a lot of the time, I really enjoyed myself and learnt a lot. I have made changes to my blog and social media because of it. I made some great connections with PRs and brands, as their representatives were usually the ones chilling out on their own too! So I hope to have a smilier experience at BML. I have never been before, so, be gentle!
- My name: Rebecca is the formal name I suppose. Becky works fine too 🙂
- My blog: This is my blog funnily enough, All about U or AAUBlog
- Find me on social media at: I’m on all forms of social media, and you’ll find me everywhere under @AAUBlog
- How I look: see the picture above ↑
- I guess I am quite tall (5’9) with shortish dyed blonde hair (it was blonde when I was little, honest).
- I will be wearing: good grief, I don’t think I ever plan that far ahead. I will look for something a few days before! Most often seen in black.
- What I hope to gain from #BML16: I hope to gain some more contacts and relationships with brands. Most of all I am looking to build my confidence, meet new people (and meet up with those that I already know), as well as gain lots of tips from the bloggers and influencers that I adore
- My tips for a great conference: Having only been to one, I’m not sure if I’m qualified to comment. However, I found that a pen and notepad are a must, as well as business cards. Make sure you have lots of storage ready on your phone too. Don’t be afraid to go to talk to people, either. We are all there to meet people, network and learn, right?
So hands up who else is going?! I’d love to meet lots of you! And if I’m wandering around by myself, do come and say hello 🙂
You will have the most amazing time at Britmums Live, i’ve been twice before and it’s a great opportunity to learn new things, connect with brands and most importantly – socialise with lots of lovely bloggers. Have a super time lovely! xx
I should go really but I don’t think I’m ready for it yet! Maybe next year. I might be brave and venture over- let me know how you get on! xx
Sonia recently posted…Practical Gift Set for Mum-to-be
Have a fantastic time, I’ve been twice previously and its a great way to network.
Zoe L recently posted…A stranger helped me with parenting confidence
I’m hoping to go, so I may see you there! Its nice seeing all these posts about people going and what they want to get out of it.
Jenny recently posted…Direct sales – my journey starts here: An honest account
I hope you love it! This will be my second BritMums/BML and I’ll admit to not learning loads and loads last year, I did love the social aspect of it!xx
Hannah Budding Smiles recently posted…Post Pregnancy Body Image And How To Rock It!
I’m going 🙂 yay!
You will have such an amazing time, last year was my first year and I absolutely loved it. Sad not to be going this year. I hope you have the most fabulous time not long to go now xx
How exciting! I hope you have a great time.