Autumn has arrived and with any new season comes new clothes, new homeware, new electricals and new bargains. It’s about time for a fresh new look, to get rid of any bits we no longer use or need, time to pack away the flip flops and prepare for the upcoming winter months.
Whether you’re on the hunt for new boots or some cosy home accessories, in this day and age, going into town or a busy shopping mall is no longer a necessity. With just a click of a button, everything you want and need could arrive at your doorstep within hours!
There are still many who are skeptical about shopping online, whether they simply prefer traditional methods of shopping or are not entirely trusting of online returns policies and fine print. So, if you’re sitting on the fence, here are some of the pro’s and con’s of online shopping:
Pros of online shopping:
- You save time and money that you would use for parking and petrol
- You can easily compare the prices of things as you shop around, and can even discover fresh new products, connect with new merchants and of course find things like discount codes at Sello and other retailers.
- There is more variety online
- You can buy the product at your leisure and convenience, whether you have time to kill on the commute or lying in the comfort of your own bed.
- You can send gifts without the faff of wrapping, packaging and post offices.
- You can usually buy the same thing you’ve seen in a local shop for less money
- Your “Shopping cart” icon will help remind you how much money you’re spending, rather than arriving at the check out and over spending.
- You avoid strangers and sales people
- You are under less pressure, as you don’t have to rush around visiting every shop
Cons of online shopping:
- You can’t see the product physically to determine its quality
- You can’t try it on so you may be unsure about whether it will fit or suit you.
- You must wait for the product to arrive rather than buying it there and then and taking it home immediately.
- There is a possibility for not receiving the order because of the wrong address or some other reason.
- You will often need to pay for shipping.
Quite often we fill our baskets on various online shops only to realise that the shipping price is quite extortionate; from cashmere sweaters to home furnishings and kitchen accessories – wouldn’t it be nice to have a place online to order everything your heart desires in one order?
What’s not to love? Whether you’re an online shopping novice or an absolute addict; happy shopping!