With just a few days to go and it nearly being half term, here are some fun cupcakes you could make with the kids. You could use gluten free flour if you’d prefer and they can’t be all bad for you – they have fruit in them 😉
California Prune & Orange Halloween Cupcakes
- 110g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 90g caster sugar
- 125g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- Zest from 2 oranges
- 70g Californian prunes (finely chopped)
- Pre-heat oven to 170 C
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the beaten egg and combine until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, orange zest and chopped prunes and mix together.
- Place the cupcake cases in the muffin tray and divide the mixture evenly.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 14-16 minutes until cooked.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely before decorating with either butter icing, fondant or frosting.
BlogLovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
Love the decorations, the spider one is really effective
Thank you! They’re fun to make 🙂
You are so good at decorating! I am going to copy some of your designs that is for sure!
Thank you for linking up with my #FoodieFriday
Thanks for hosting the link up 🙂
These look so effective! I love the bandage mummy ones! #MMWBH
Thanks Amy x
These look great! I especially like your mummy design, I wish I’d thought of that when I was making mine last night! x
These decorations are brilliant! love the little mummy #MMWBH
Thanks, they’re fun to make
These look great! So fun and they sound v tasty, love it 🙂 xx #mmwbh
Thanks Caroline 🙂 x
So cute! I love the mummy. #MMWBH
How brilliant are they?! Love! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays
How fun are these cupcakes! I bet they tasted mighty fine too! Thanks for linking up with #MMWBH x