With just a few days to go and it nearly being half term, here are some fun cupcakes you could make with the kids. You could use gluten free flour if you’d prefer and they can’t be all bad for you – they have fruit in them 😉
California Prune & Orange Halloween Cupcakes
- 110g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 90g caster sugar
- 125g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- Zest from 2 oranges
- 70g Californian prunes (finely chopped)
- Pre-heat oven to 170 C
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the beaten egg and combine until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, orange zest and chopped prunes and mix together.
- Place the cupcake cases in the muffin tray and divide the mixture evenly.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 14-16 minutes until cooked.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely before decorating with either butter icing, fondant or frosting.