So time is ticking and you’re twiddling your thumbs – that on flight boredom has suddenly kicked in. You decide now is the perfect time to route through your hand luggage and find something to keep your brain busy. But you already filled in the crossword and the sudoku on your last flight. Whether you’ve got a holiday booked or a business trip planned, being organised and prepared for your flight and planning what to take in your hand luggage is a total game changer.
Here are some favourite hand luggage essentials:
- Of course to start off you need a perfectly sized, practical and classy hand luggage bag. But we also recommend taking a rucksack, that way you can use it for day trips once you arrive at your destination. Whether you decide to use the rucksack as your hand luggage or put it inside a bigger piece of hand luggage bag is up to you. Rucksacks are practical as well as on trend so embrace them.
- Important documents; boarding pass, passport, flight itinerary and transportation or accommodation plans, including a paper address of where you’re staying. You will need this for immigration forms and it may be helpful for with taxi drivers too.
- Clear bag for your toiletries; hand lotion, lip balm, deodorant, toothbrush and mini-toothpaste are some of the suggested necessities. Also face wipes to help you freshen up; It’s easy to feel groggy after a trip in the sky and planes tend to dry us out, rehydration moisturizer is a top tip. Remember, 100ml bottles only!
- When you get off the plane and pop to the loo at the airport, don’t worry if your reflection is frazzled. A little Mascara will go a long way and open up your tired eyes.
- You’ll be desperate for a shower but at this point spare undies are the next best thing! It’s also a good idea to pack a change of clothes or two, just in case your checked bag goes walkies.
- The same applies for valuables such as jewellery, your purse or wallet, money, camera and keys. It’s safer and more comforting to keep them within your reach.
- What better place is there to to brainstorm business ideas or let your creative juices flow than on an aeroplane? For you super practical folk, it’s time to get organised for the holiday. Why not write up a holiday agenda or bucket list? You could use a map to mark out the best order of seeing the sites. Perhaps you’re staying in a villa and you’d like to make a budget, meal plan or shopping list.
- A book you’ve been dying to read will ease some of your boredom, but remember you can take your tablet or device with you if you’d prefer not to take bulky books on board. You can easily have movies, podcasts, iBooks and playlists at the ready.
- So you’ve got your device set up and ready to go – now you just need some reliable headphones. I have a personal preference for Beats by Dre as they allow you to zone out of your flight and into a world of your own. The sound quality is out of this world you won’t have to worry about discomfort, or you headphones falling out.
- No one likes getting to an airport, buying a bottle of water and then having to discard it as you go through security. Why not take with you a refillable water bottle of your own? Mints, sweets or chewing gum are also handy to have on flight.
- When you’re feeling sleepy, ear plugs and an eye mask are winners. If you’re there for the long haul, a travel pillow or blanket could help get you in that zone.
- Don’t forget a cardigan or a hoodie. It can get chilly up in the air, so although you may have packed solely swimwear and summer tees, an extra layer in the air ease your goosebumps.
By utilising the items suggested on this list that has been suggested, can ensure your flying experience will be enhanced. Just check it every time you need to pack your hand luggage and you won’t have to worry about a thing. Happy flying!