Whether Christmas is usually a quiet and relaxed time of year for you or you’re one to get completely wrapped up in the festive cheer, one thing is for sure; your home is where the magic happens. It’s time to embrace cosy nights (and days) snuggled up on the sofa, wrapped in warm blankets and watching lights twinkle. Say hello to hot chocolate, mulled wine and all great food. It’s time for lazy naps and It’s also time for family, to socialise, party and get your best host’s hat on.
It’s important at this time of year to make your home into a place you really want to spend time in, the perfect place for holding gatherings and parties but also your peace and comfort zone after a long day at work.
It’s very easy for homeowners to get bored with their space, and important to spruce it up a bit from time to time. Here are a few tips on how to restyle your home in preparation for Christmas:
- A lick of paint goes a long way. Whether it’s just a fresh coat of neutral to allow your furniture to really stand out, or a bold feature wall, roll up your sleeves because you’re about to get messy. Fresh paint will really make a difference to your entire home.
- Flooring makes such a difference to a home. From beaten up old carpet to real wood flooring – imagine the transformation. You can radically change a space from dark to light, patterned to neutral, oh and did I mention – you’ll never have to worry about food and drink spillages again, making party season totally stress free! Both beautiful and practical, classy wood floors are the perfect way to modernise your home.
- Beware of cluttering your space, more often than not, less is more. Make sure everything has its place to avoid cookbooks, paperwork and keys spreading their way across your work tops.
- Update your accessories. Accessorise according to the holidays and seasons. We’re talking traditional tablecloths, your best tableware, candles and maybe even blinds and curtains – little pops of colour that change the whole dynamic from spring pinks to wintery burgundy’s.
- Upcycle; If you’re bored of the kitchen table that you’ve had for over a decade, but can’t justify getting rid as it’s in perfect working order, a lick of paint will make a world of difference and save you some pennies.
- Lighting; there are so many ways to bring light into your homes. Natural light through a conservatory, orangery, skylights, large windows or doors will make your home brighter and happier. If you don’t have this luxury, just remember there is no such thing as too many candles. Grab a few extra lamps, both day and night lighting is imperative for the perfect home.
- They say the kitchen is the heart of the home; and the kitchen does set the tone for the entire house. It has the ability to not only provide a meal but a complete experience. Most families congregate in a large open plan kitchen for both preparing the meal, dining together and quite often the room is used as a living space too. Ensure your furniture is comfortable and relaxing as well as trendy.
Take on board a few of these tips and have fun with it! The only problem you’ll have is that you won’t ever want to leave beautiful home!