We love granola in this house and we love granola, so this is a perfect recipe for you all to try. South African apples and pears are seasonal in UK summers so that is a yummy bonus too!
Apple and Pear Granola
- 250g jumbo porridge oats
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g poppy seeds
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 100g hazelnuts or almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 100g sultanas or raisins
- South African apple and pear, to serve
- Natural yogurt or milk
- Clear honey, to drizzle
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6
2. Mix together the porridge oats, seeds, sugar, oil and nuts. Spread out onto a large baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning the mixture twice during the cooking time. Cool completely.
3. Stir the apricots and sultanas or raisins into the mixture, then transfer to an airtight container and store for up to 1 month.
4. To serve, spoon some granola into a bowl and top with chopped South African apple and pear. Serve with natural yogurt and/or milk, and drizzle with a little clear honey.
* Cook’s tip: Vary the granola as you like – try adding dried cranberries, cherries or blueberries to the mixture instead of sultanas or raisins; or as well as! Bought granola can be surprisingly high in sugar and fat – and it’s so easy to make your own.
BlogLovin’ | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
I keep meaning to make my own Granola but have never gotten around to it, I really should more of an effort to as I love the stuff! It would be fab if you popped over & linked this up to #SundaySweets x
So sorry haven’t been online much this weekend. Will pop over now x
Gorgeous and oh so healthy. Love your photography too as ever. Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays x
Thanks Vicki x
I love granola too as long as it has no nuts in. This seems yummy (if the nuts are optional!) 🙂 M would enjoy this too! 🙂 #foodpornthursday x
This would be my perfect breakfast. Healthy, tasty and colorful. ?
Wow, this looks delicious! I’ve never been a huge oats fan, but my baby girl loves porridge. I think some revisiting is needed, and this recipe sounds yummy 🙂 #foodpornthursdays
This looks so inviting! My daughter would love that it gives us an excuse to buy pumpkin seeds ; )
Yum, this sounds great! I am a wee bit obsessed with granola so I will be trying this one for sure! #foodpornthursdays
I love granola but never made my own! Your recipe sounds delicious. Thanks so much for linking up with #foodpornthursdays 🙂