We received such an exciting delivery a few days ago – we had been invited to try out some of Hotel Chocolat‘s Christmas collection. There is a gorgeous range of new flavours and products. The main event was the Patisserie Sleekster, which takes classic puddings and cakes recreated in chocolates – really intrigued to try it. It retails at £22 and honestly, I think it is worth every penny. The collection is amazing and the flavours are exquisite.
First off, the chocolates are presented beautifully, all in pairs and with coordinating options next to it. Even the box they came in looks good and they are well padded so that they don;t get crushed or fall out of the box. They are all so striking and the attention to detail on each on is brilliant. When you bite into each one, there are really distinct layers which make them really ‘cake like’, particularly on ones such as the carrot cake and cheesecake flavours.
The other flavours in the selection are raspberry panacotta, apple strudel, rhubarb and custard, tiramisu, custard tart, shortbread, brownies, fudge sundae and chocolate mousse. There wasn’t a single flavour that I didn’t like but if I had to choose one ultimate flavour it would be the lemon cheesecake – out of this world good! I tried to convince the hubs that it was horrible so she shouldn’t try it (so I’d get his too) but it didn’t go to plan…
None of this patisserie range contain alcohol (bonus as I don’t like alcoholic chocolates), over half of them are gluten free and a few contain nuts. So if you’re sharing, there is something for everyone. I think that this would be the perfect gift for Christmas (take note husband), or they’d really work well as an addition to dessert at a dinner party – they definitely are a talking point (or they’d even just work out as a treat to share, be rude not to). I 100% recommend them!
There are also several stocking filler’s available in the Christmas collection like the White Chocolate Reindeer at £1.95 and the Ho Ho Ho Santa’s at £2.50. The children loved these and I think they’d make an extra special stocking filler of little gift for older children.
You could win a Small Cookie Caramel Festive Wreath which would be a great gift or stocking filler (or even a treat for yourself when you’re feeling festive) 😉 All you need to do to be in with the chance of winning is complete the Rafflecopter and go through as many entries as you would like.
Good luck! You have until midnight on 30th November to enter.
*the chocolates were gifted in exchange for an honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The giveaway will run from 6am on 10th November 2015 and run until 11.59pm on 30th November 2015, GMT.
- The prize is for one small Cookie Caramel Chocolate Wreath (100g).
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
- Entries can only be completed through the Rafflepcopter widget.
- All entries will be checked and verified.
- The winner is chosen at random, from all valid entries.
- The winner will be announced 2nd December 2015 and the winner will be emailed, as well as announced through AAUBlog’s social media pages.
- The winner will have 72 hours to respond with their details, otherwise a new winner will be picked, following the same procedure.
- The prize will be sent direct from Hotel Chcolat (though the prize is provided by myself).
- All efforts will be made to have this to you in time for Christmas but it cannot be guaranteed.