For all parents, their children are the most beautiful and precious treasures in the world. And they usually try to surround their babies with love, affection, and care. For a newborn baby, the main criteria of care are a proper diet and enough time spent in the arms of a mother, because the sound of his mother’s heart, which felt all 9 months is so sweet to sleep.
Benefits of breastfeeding
The child’s health begins in the womb and with a healthy diet – from the moment. The fact that breast milk is good for a baby is a fait accompli. Babies who are fed it:
- The risk of hospitalization during the first year of life, due to respiratory tract infections, is reduced by 72%.
- Otitis media is 50% less common (if breastfed for at least 3 months).
- Risk of sudden infant death is reduced by 36%.
- The risk of intestinal infections is reduced.
In addition, the risk of non-communicable diseases (diabetes, asthma, acute lymphocytic and myeloid leukemia, etc.) is significantly reduced.
Choosing a safe artificial nutrition
But under certain circumstances, breastfeeding may not be available. In such cases, parents need to choose the safest milk formula for their baby.
Baby food experts recommend giving preference to organic milk formulas. After all, organic baby food is very nutritious with no added preservatives or pesticides. You can have complete peace of mind, giving your baby exactly what he needs – food made from organic, natural ingredients. For example, Hipp formula has a high rating of organic quality, which is confirmed in the relevant certificates and limitless positive feedback from happy parents and developed children.
Consequently, organic food is safer for the human body. After all, when they are grown, do not use synthetic mineral fertilizers, herbicides, and pesticides. So much food does not cause allergic reactions. Organic foods are healthier than usual because they contain more nutrients, polyphenols, vitamins, and macro-and micronutrients. Researchers from around the world prove that organic foods contain more phosphorus, magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, and zinc. This is especially noticeable in foods of animal origin – meat, chicken eggs, milk, and dairy products. In addition, organic dairy products contain 70% more vitamin E, β-carotene, lutein, and polyunsaturated fatty acids than conventional ones. More palatable is another advantage of organic food grown on “living” land.
Important factors in choosing a milk formula
- The age of the baby;
- His individual health needs (tendency to allergic reactions, possible digestive disorders, problems with digestion, lactose intolerance, etc.)
- on the milk as the basis of the used mixture, such as choosing between cow’s milk or goat milk formula. You can even get oat milk formula these days too.
- the quality and nutritional value of the base, determined by the type of milk (dried or whole organic);
- The composition of the formula (proteins, carbohydrates, fats, their quality and quantity, the presence/absence of pre-and probiotics to fine-tune the digestive system and the normal functioning of the baby’s intestines).
There are cases when the baby formula is not suitable for a baby
Unfortunately, choosing the right baby food for your baby is not an easy task. And the only way to do this is by “trial and error”. The new formula must be introduced into your baby’s diet, just like the first complementary food, in small quantities, and then you will have to watch his reaction. You can say that baby food is not suitable for a newborn if:
- on his skin appeared redness or rash; the baby has problems with stool:
- constipation, liquid stools of green color or with admixtures of undigested baby food;
- the baby is restless after feeding;
- the newborn does not put on weight well; he or she vomits frequently.
Due to the huge number of baby food manufacturers, young parents find it very difficult to decide which brand is the best and of good quality. The rating of baby formula is constantly changing, adding new brands. To make it easier to choose a formula for feeding, pay attention to the reputation of the manufacturer, the features of its products, and feedback from other mothers. The country of manufacture is also important. For some parents, this is the main indicator, but while some consider European products to be of higher quality, others see only the high price. If you are lost in your choice, pay attention to what kind of formula your baby will eat better and with more pleasure, without side effects.