Do you want to make your eyelashes grow fast? Are you tired of your thinning lashes and want to flaunt some thick ones?
While many people naturally have thin eyelashes, others might lose them because of medical conditions. For example, cancer, eye infections, hormonal imbalance, madarosis, alopecia, or even aging.
Some of these conditions can cause you to lose eyelashes or make them fall off suddenly. It can change your whole look drastically. So it’s natural to want eyelash extensions or put on fake lashes.
And if you wish to regrow your eyelashes fast, this blog will cover everything you need to know.
6 home remedies for eyelashes growth
First, let’s go through some amazing home remedies for growing your eyelashes fast at home:
- Green tea: Green tea is a perfect detox agent and contains tons of antixoidants that trigger regrowth of eyelashes. Dab some green tea on cotton and rub it on your lashes for some time. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse off with lukewarm water. You’ll notice a significant difference in the growth.
- Coconut oil: While it won’t make the eyelashes longer, it does help them grow to be thicker. If your eyelashes fall off quickly, apply coconut oil to your eyelashes and let it moisturize overnight. Rinse off in the morning. You will see noticeable difference in a week or more.
- Vaseline: It is one of the safest home remedies for regrowing eyelashes in a short time. Petroleum jelly works miraculously on your eyelashes, and make them appear fuller. This compound carries impressive moisturizing properties. Apply vaseline and leave it overnight to see good outcomes.
- Cedarwood oil: This is yet another amazing oil used to prevent hair loss in eyes. It enables the oil-producing glands in the region and contributes to better eyelash growth. Mix a few teaspoons with a carrier oil and apply it to your lashes. Leave for 15 minutes and then rinse off.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera plant has incredible uses for moisturizing. But did you know it is also capable of regrowing your lost eyelashes? You can use an old clean mascara wand or cotton bud to apply aloe vera to your eyelashes. Wash it off after a few minutes and see great results in a few weeks!
- Supplements: Some skin experts also recommend usingcollagen and Vitamin B3 supplements to initiate good growth of eyelashes.
- B vitamin (or biotin) is an excellent compound for strengthening production of keratin – an integral protein for hair regrowth. Additionally, Vitamin D supplements are also known to promote eyelash regrowth.
- Olive oil: Just like many other essential oils, olive oil is a safe choice for growing your eyelashes. It carries abundant fatty acids needed to moisturize and condition the cells that grow the hair. Apply it for a few days and rinse off after some time. You will see a remarkable difference and enhance your beauty.
- Lavender oil: Certain studies have discovered the incredible benefits of lavender oil in assisting hair growth. Mix a few drops of lavender oil with a carrier oil and rub it to your eye brims. Rinse off after 10 minutes. Apply it daily for some weeks and you’ll notice that your lashes will become lusher!
- Rosemary oil: If your eyelashes are falling off prematurely and you have also noticed graying hair, it’s time to turn to rosemary oil. Dab cotton in a mixture of rosemary oil and some safe carrier oil. Rub on your lashes and leave it on for some time before washing with lukewarm water. You will notice impressive regrowth as well as less gray hair.
Foods that help grow eyelashes
Besides the above home remedies, you can also eat certain foods that trigger eyelash regrowth process. Try these foods for good hair growth:
- Avocados: This amazing fruit has numerous oils needed for hair growing. It is a good food to eat for balding as well.
- Salmon: Salmon is packed with Vitain B and D, both of which are necessary for good hair growth. Start eating salmon frequently and see the difference in your eyelash growth.
- Nuts: They are one of the best sources of omega 3 fatty acids and Vitamin E that improve blood circulation to the follicles in eyes. Thus, initiating proper growth in no time!
- Citrus: Vitamin A and C present in lemons and oranges is integral for eyelash regrowth. You can use their peel and soak it in some oil before application.
- Eggs: The albumen or the white part of the egg is rich in proteins. It is also a great agent for triggering hair growth in eyes. Apply it using an old mascara wand and wash it off after some time.
- Yogurt: Add yogurt to your diet for Vitamin D boost and in turn, sufficient eyelash growth to make it appear lusher. Plus, you can directly apply Greek yogurt to your eyelashes for some minutes before washing off.
- Berries: Various berries including blueberries, strawberries, blackberries etc carry antioxidants needed for excellent hair regrowth in eyelashes.
Hope this article gives you several choices on how to make eyelashes grow fast in just a few weeks!