Our homes are so important to us. They are the sanctuary we so desperately look forward to after a particularly rough day at work, but they’re also where we watch our families grow. Children are born, they grow up and we grow older too. Your needs may change but your home will always remain a reflection of who you are. The home shows your style, your personality, the kind of family you are and what you like to do. It holds many memories and quite often people don’t want to part with a home that has been so cherished.
Despite this affection for the home, it’s easy to get bored with the space around you. Whether you live in a modern newbuild or a victorian property, a little change is always welcome. There are certainly ways to redesign your beloved home to suit your needs (rather than the upheaval of moving house) simply because you’re fed up of the same shade of magnolia.
Here are a few ways of sprucing up your home:
- Loft conversion: If you’re in need of more space, a loft conversion could be just the answer you’re looking for. By using even a basic loft conversion to add a bedroom or two there will be more room to breathe for everyone. It’s also a great way to escape from the rest of the house, put your teenagers up there or create a master suite.
- Add some luxury and convenience: We all love a little luxury in our house as well as the latest comforts and electronic gadgets to help us in our busy lives; so it’s no surprise that the trend for homeowners includes the convenience of a lift. Adding a lift like the Axcess 2 Lifts to your home will really benefit you if you’re growing older and not wanting to part with your home.
- Fresh walls: A lick of paint goes a long way. Whether it’s just a fresh coat of neutral to allow your furniture to really stand out, or a bold feature wall, roll up your sleeves because you’re about to get messy. Fresh paint will really make a difference when buyers view your house.
- Lighting: There are so many ways to bring light into your homes. Conservatories and orangeries have long been the preferred option for adding natural light to your home, but now skylights are a very popular option to transform your home. Of course, simply updating your windows will liven up the home.
- Declutter: Nothing makes a house feel new again than a good old-fashioned clear out. Be brutally honest, if it’s not being used and you can live without it, let it go. By clearing out unnecessary junk and clutter from the house, you’ll notice the difference immediately.
- Accessories: Often we might fancy a change in the living room and although it’s tempting, it may not be acceptable to buy a new sofa once a quarter! But what you can do is update your accessories. Accessorise according to the holidays and seasons. We’re talking cushions and throws, little pops of colour that change the whole dynamic from winter burgundy’s to spring pinks.
Consider a few of these tips to give your beloved home a little revamp; with a few changes and updates here and there, you’ll be sure to fall in love with your home even more.