As we approach a fresh new season and say goodbye to long summer evenings under the setting sun, we’re also saying hello to cosy nights (and days) snuggled up on the sofa and wrapped in warm blankets. It’s important at this time of year to make your home into a place you really want to spend time in, the perfect place for holding gatherings and parties but also your peace and comfort zone after a long day at work.
They say the kitchen is the heart of the home; and the kitchen does set the tone for the entire house.
It has the ability to not only provide a meal but a complete experience. In older homes, more importance was given to the dining and living rooms but times have changed and most families congregate in a large open plan kitchen for both preparing the meal, dining together and quite often the room is used as a living space too, having furniture to relax and continue conversation while digesting your sunday roast, or planning your next trip and tours abroad. It’s very easy for homeowners to get bored with their space, and important to spruce it up a bit from time to time.
Here are a few tips on how to style your kitchen this season:
- A lick of paint goes a long way. Whether it’s just a fresh coat of neutral to allow your furniture to really stand out, or a bold feature wall, roll up your sleeves because you’re about to get messy. Fresh paint will really make a difference to your kitchen.
- Beware of cluttering your kitchen, more often than not, less is more. Make sure everything has its place to avoid cookbooks, paperwork and keys spreading their way across your work tops.
- Update your accessories. Accessorise according to the holidays and seasons. We’re talking tablecloths, tableware, candles and maybe even blinds and curtains – little pops of colour that change the whole dynamic from spring pinks to autumnal burgundy’s.
- Upcycle; If you’re bored of the kitchen table that you’ve had for over a decade, but can’t justify getting rid as it’s in perfect working order, a lick of paint will make a world of difference and save you some pennies.
- Purchase the right kind of kitchen appliances to make your space more classy as well as be practical and functional. There’s nothing quite as homely as coming into the kitchen to the smell of freshly brewed coffee. Anthony’s Espresso provides the perfect appliance for everyone. Grab your beverage, run a luxurious bubble bath, curl up with a SaaSoh bath towel and enjoy the change in season.
- Lighting; there are so many ways to bring light into your homes. Natural light through a conservatory, orangery, skylights, large windows or doors will make your home brighter and happier. If you don’t have this luxury, just remember there is no such thing as too many candles. Grab a few extra lamps, both day and night lighting is imperative for the perfect home.
Great tips. Lighting is such an important aspect of home decor that people often forget about!
Paige Poorman recently posted…How to Warm Up a Modern Industrial Home (With the Help of Vintage Accents)