If I have some healthy snacks made and ready to go in the house, I find it so much easier to stick to a clean-eating diet. I have tried different snack and breakfast bars so thought I would try an alternative no-bake snack; protein bites.
They are made from general store cupboard ingredients, nothing super fancy needed, and they are really quick and ridiculously easy to make. I used SuperVitality Raspberry & Acai protein powder and it tastes great, but you can easily omit the protein powder for some delicious energy bites.
No-Bake Protein Bites
- 1 cup oats ( I used gluten-free)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I used almond)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce (you can buy this or just make your own boiling chopped apples with some water and making a puree)
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- Mix-Ins (optional) – any thing that you like such as dark chocolate chips, raisins, chopped nuts, goji or chia seeds.
- Mix the oats and protein powder in a bowl.
- Mix the nut butter, apple sauce and honey in a separate bowl. Add to the oat mixture when well combined. Add in any mix-ins.
- With clean hands, get your hands into the mixture, mash and press it all together.
- When you have one big dough ball, divide the mixture until you have 18 lumps. Roll into balls.
What do you think? Let me know if you give them a try!