If you know me well, or read this blog regularly, you will know that I am a bit of a nut butter addict. Can’t get enough of the stuff. I’m so happy for our Costco card so we can buy it in those 1kg tubs!
I am always trying different ways to incorporate nut butter into my sweet recipes. Instead of brownies, I bring you nut butter blondies! I randomly tried using dried strawberry pieces. It was a lovely addition, giving it just a little more flavour but nothing too overpowering.
So I know that these blondies don’t look like much but they are so delicious. Squidgy and soft, just like brownies (or blondies) should be. They are completely vegan and free from refined sugar, dairy and gluten. Full of healthy fats from coconut oil and of course, the nut butter.
Nut Butter & Strawberry Blondies
makes around 20
- 250g ground almonds
- 50g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g nut butter (I used almond but peanut or cashew would work too)
- 50g coconut oil
- 45g coconut sugar
- 130ml maple syrup
- 200ml almond milk
- handful of chopped, dried strawberries (make sure they have not had any sugar added)
- Heat the oven to 180°c. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper or grease with a little coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine all of dry ingredients, except for the coconut oil and sugar. Set this to one side.
- Cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar in a food processor or use a hand blender. Add the maple syrup and nut butter. Mix again until it’s combined and smooth.
- Add this wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir it together well. Add in the milk and stir again until it’s all completely combined.
- Pour into the baking tray and bake for 3o minutes until golden. Cook for 35 minutes if you prefer your brownies to be cakey, rather than fudgey.
- Leave to cool for 10 -15 minutes in the tray before slicing.
I’d love to hear if you give them a go?
This recipe is an entry into the #Swearbyit challenge with Vita Coco. Find more great coconut oil recipes and tips on using coconut oil at www.swearbyit.com