“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate” – Charles Dickens
The hubs and I have a rare and exciting date night coming up tomorrow night, so in prep for our babysitters I thought I would bake them a chocolatey treat – Oreo Brownies! Hope they go down well – give them a go… (These are also adapted from a Lorraine Pascale recipe, I love her).
What you will need:
– 165g butter
– 200g dark chocolate, grated or finely chopped
– 3 eggs
– 2 egg yolks
– 2 tsp vanilla extract (again, try to avoid vanilla essence where possible)
– 165g soft light brown sugar
– 2 tbsp plain flour
– 1 tbsp cocoa powder
– Pinch of salt
– 154g pack of Oreos, broken into quarters
– Square baking tin
– Electric whisk (or a non-electric one and some arm power)
– Two large-ish bowls
What to do:
– Heat oven to 180 degrees C and grease the baking tin and line with greaseproof paper if you like to do that
– Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl in the microwave, stirring well (or do in a pan).
– Whisk the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla together in a different bowl, until they are light and fluffy.
– Add the sugar and whisk until the mixture becomes stiffer.
– Once the egg mixture is ready, pour the chocolate mixture in.
– Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt and a third of the Oreos and stir until combined.
– Pour into the prepared baking tin and scatter the remaining Oreos on top; press them in slightly.
– Bake for 25-30 minutes (depending on how gooey you like brownies) and leave to cool before serving.