I actually came across this recipe by accident yesterday. We didn’t have much in for breakfast (I do my ‘big shop’ on a Monday evening usually) but we had a few bits in so I thought I would throw together a green smoothie. Lucky thing about smoothies is that quantities can be an estimate so just add to taste really. I put it all together but thought it needed something sweeter, so I added a few drops of vanilla extract and hey presto, a filling smoothie that St. Patrick would be proud of (it is green after all) 😉
St. Patrick's Day Green Smoothie
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of oats (I use gluten-free)
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- half a glass of unsweetened almond milk (use more for a runnier consistency)
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- Put the almond milk with the chopped pear and apple into a blender and blend until smooth,
- Add the oats, spinach and flaxseed and blend until all smooth and mixed.
- Serve immediately, with crushed ice cubes if you wish.